Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2015, 10:55 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,404,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
As for the Gallery Mall, it is being emptied out by PREIT who is planning a complete redevelopment of the mall to bring in some higher end tenants:
Gallery mall to become Fashion Outlets of Philadelphia - philly-archives
How about making the old Strawbridge's there (still mostly empty after almost a decade) a Barnes & Noble to replace the one in Rittenhouse Square, which is 18 years old and showing it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 06:22 AM

2,471 posts, read 4,016,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownewave View Post
How about making the old Strawbridge's there (still mostly empty after almost a decade) a Barnes & Noble to replace the one in Rittenhouse Square, which is 18 years old and showing it?
Terrible idea. Truly terrible.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:56 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Correcto.
Well to be fair, the AT&T is still rumor.
And if you look at that Cheesecake bldg, well the 1st floor is quite large. IF Verizon really goes there, I highly doubt they will take the whole space. I mean I am comparing it with the size of three T-mobiles stores in the area. Unless they want to have say three independent Verizon stores in the first floor.

My dream will be Benetton or even Sisley, Commes de Garcons and Yohji Yamamoto in Cheesecake Bldg.
And across the street diagonally WHICH I COULD SEE THEY START RIPPING OFF THE FACADE (either that or I never paid attention to it before), it is the right size for either Desigual or AllSaints (Spitalfields) - rememember y'all they drop the 'Spitalfields'.

And of course in LA Fitness bldg, it is still rumored that Under Armour is coming.

PS: I can start seeing your type of style now.

I would enjoy Yamamoto and AllSaints. All of those retailers would be great additions, most not really my style simply because my build is too big to fit in them lol.

You never know, but I do not see any of those even my suggestions entering the CC market, the ones that aren't already there, I could see them going to KoP.

And hopefully that is a compliment lol. I take on an edgy preppy look, and all my clothes have to be very slim

Old 04-30-2015, 06:59 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,766,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN_224 View Post
Does anyone know if this building demolition on the south side of Market Street has to do with future retail?

I forgot which block it was on. I do know it's directly across from the curved "Pennsylvania Convention Center" sign.

As for other retail, I didn't fully realize how much of the Gallery Mall is gone. The shining example had to be the now-former food court. Except for a lone McDonald's, the food court is completely...GONE!
I guess you have been out for awhile.
Yes that area will be a glitzy entertainment area called East Market.
Google it and be wow-ed!
(Too early for me to find the link - have not gotten my coffee yet)
The development supposedly will be done 2016 Summer. Hopefully right on time before DNC.

And yes the Gallery is emptying out. The plan is going as well across the street!

EDIT: Apparently somebody had already sent you the link.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownewave View Post
NUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!
How about open another B & N there? I do not want to walk all the way to Market East to read my young sci-fi novels. For free. (Especially after Books-A-Millions in the Gallery is closed down).

Maybe the old strawbridge can have something that attract tourists. (I am so big at it).
LEGO Store and American Girl store. I bet once American Girls store is there, there is no turning back - the area will be spiraling up. (Although I found them creepy tbh).
Disney Store is also a good idea. Or Toys' R" Us a ala Time Sq.' location.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
I would enjoy Yamamoto and AllSaints. All of those retailers would be great additions, most not really my style simply because my build is too big to fit in them lol.

You never know, but I do not see any of those even my suggestions entering the CC market, the ones that aren't already there, I could see them going to KoP.

And hopefully that is a compliment lol. I take on an edgy preppy look, and all my clothes have to be very slim
Yes, it is a compliment. I am very pbservant at people's style both visually and per convo.
That is a part of my (part-time) job!

Old 04-30-2015, 07:27 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN_224 View Post
Does anyone know if this building demolition on the south side of Market Street has to do with future retail?

I forgot which block it was on. I do know it's directly across from the curved "Pennsylvania Convention Center" sign.

As for other retail, I didn't fully realize how much of the Gallery Mall is gone. The shining example had to be the now-former food court. Except for a lone McDonald's, the food court is completely...GONE!
Yes, to your first question. And the entire Gallery is going to be redone and not called the Gallery anymore.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:29 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
NUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!
How about open another B & N there? I do not want to walk all the way to Market East to read my young sci-fi novels. For free. (Especially after Books-A-Millions in the Gallery is closed down).

Maybe the old strawbridge can have something that attract tourists. (I am so big at it).
LEGO Store and American Girl store. I bet once American Girls store is there, there is no turning back - the area will be spiraling up. (Although I found them creepy tbh).
Disney Store is also a good idea. Or Toys' R" Us a ala Time Sq.' location.
There was a rumor that a version of the Eataly would end up in parts of the Strawbridge. Haven't heard that one in a while though.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:43 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,686,635 times
Jesus. Looks like Verizon is confirmed for 15th and Walnut. I guess the developers hired the laziest ****ing commercial real estate agent.

The Most Glorious Cheesecake Factory in the World Sets Opening Date - Property

Old 04-30-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
There was a rumor that a version of the Eataly would end up in parts of the Strawbridge. Haven't heard that one in a while though.
Actually Coradino mentioned that he would try to get Eataly.
It is somewhere in the article of the Gallery we had couple pages back.
So he does not even know whether it is feasible to have them.
I do not mind Eataly at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia