Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2015, 08:30 AM

9,448 posts, read 9,477,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Well duh! :P hehe
And that's only Soho.
Did you go to J Crew's Men Shop there? Since it is your favorite store and all.
I was all over Manhattan.

And of course

Spent the most time at Bloomingdales in SoHo though, and with my friend at Warby Parker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 09:06 AM

23,816 posts, read 34,869,457 times
Quote:
What on earth do they have in such a huge space?
And define tech.
I stumbled into the Verizon store in Hickory, NC to pay my bill because I was close to that store & thought about the bill. It was huge & full of tech toys. When I paid my bill I asked about it & the guy told me that it was the only store like it in the state & he thought that it might be a prototype that they were testing. That's all I know. Never said anything about the place to anyone until now. An extra large store sounds like it will be what I saw there.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:29 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,678,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Yeah... Sigh... I'm going to be in NYC, downtown, in about a week. I'm sure I will love and hate it all at once like I always do.

It will be crazy with people... Maybe I'll just stay in the Strand Bookstore! Lol
The Strand Rare Book Room is one of my favorite spots.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Yeah... Sigh... I'm going to be in NYC, downtown, in about a week. I'm sure I will love and hate it all at once like I always do.

It will be crazy with people... Maybe I'll just stay in the Strand Bookstore! Lol
I love going to NYC, but it can obnoxious/overwhelming with the amount of tourists.

Thats one of the reasons why I love Philly so much, you have a big city that isn't overwhelming. We just need more stores like in SoHo.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:33 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,835,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
I love going to NYC, but it can obnoxious/overwhelming with the amount of tourists.

Thats one of the reasons why I love Philly so much, you have a big city that isn't overwhelming. We just need more stores like in SoHo.
Oh, make no mistake I love going there. I haven't been there in about 5 months which is a crazy long time to not have been there. I no longer have any friends living in NYC so my visits are not as frequent.

But, yes, the tourist situation is insane. At Christmas time trying to navigate 5th Ave is just about impossible.

Of course I love Philly for some of the same reasons. Hopefully the shopping will improve enough that we won't feel short changed. And I won't feel any need to go to KOP at all!

Old 05-11-2015, 10:41 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,782,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post

Same.
I hate overcrowding places.
I feel like as I get older, I like more peace and quietness.
So you will see me in Montgomery Mall after work on the way home. (Since I don't cook and Wegmann's is right there). The mall is very quiet during the week, I feel like I own it.

Yeah i can see you like Warby Parker glasses.
I bet you like Frank and Oak too?

Old 05-11-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
The Strand Rare Book Room is one of my favorite spots.
Never been there. Will check it on Wed.

KAren, what type of books do you read?

Old 05-11-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I stumbled into the Verizon store in Hickory, NC to pay my bill because I was close to that store & thought about the bill. It was huge & full of tech toys. When I paid my bill I asked about it & the guy told me that it was the only store like it in the state & he thought that it might be a prototype that they were testing. That's all I know. Never said anything about the place to anyone until now. An extra large store sounds like it will be what I saw there.
This sounds promising.
We shall see what we will have in 2 months!

Old 05-11-2015, 10:55 AM

BTW According to some people in Philadelphiaspeaks, RIKUMA is opening near Woody's in couple months.
https://www.facebook.com/rikumojapan

It is a store that sell Japanese-made goods just like MUJI.
But Rikuma is a Philadelphia-based store. (MUJI stores are famous internationally). So technically it is a local store that carries Japanese-made merchanidises from small companies in Japan.
Well I am a sucker for everything Japanese so I am excited. (My grandma will not approve).

Old 05-11-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Same.
I hate overcrowding places.
I feel like as I get older, I like more peace and quietness.
So you will see me in Montgomery Mall after work on the way home. (Since I don't cook and Wegmann's is right there). The mall is very quiet during the week, I feel like I own it.

Yeah i can see you like Warby Parker glasses.
I bet you like Frank and Oak too?
I am not super familiar with them, but I will check them out more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia