Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2021, 09:11 PM

1 posts, read 341 times

Advertisements

Willow East Apts. I lived there as a kid back in 1971-73. Apt. C-123. Had a massive fire back then also. One of the kids in the complex admitted to starting the fire by throwing lit trash down the trash chute. Burned down the entire building fronting Red Lion Rd. Was actually a good place to live back then. Moved out during the summer of 1973 to Cedar Ridge Apts in Blackwood, NJ. I always wondered what happened to the complex over the years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2021, 08:38 AM

4,751 posts, read 3,254,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Crown Ave View Post
My mom told me a while ago that a few blocks from our house used to stand a big apartment complex called Willow East (and/or) Park Sutton (she told me they used both names for it, don't know which came first). They tore the complex down in the late 80's after it was abandoned for a few years and built a new street, named Pelle Circle.

I was wondering if anyone knew any information or had any pictures at all to share about this complex. I've been interested in this for a few years now, but have never found anything on it.

Thanks in advance.
My first house back in the early 80's was off of West Crown. Besides the fire there were two pretty horrific murders that happened in Morrell.

One was a HS kid entered his neighbors house through the skylight and stabbed her to death, then went off to school (George Washington) and bragged about it.

The other a young mother drowned her infant in the bathtub. The father (who was the manager of Buster Brown Shoe Store in Red Lion Plaza) chopped the infant up and discarded the remains into a river. I believe they lived in the apt building across from what is now called Sherwood Crossing on Red Lion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia