Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:55 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,997,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDResident View Post
You do realize he's not talking about me, right? He was talking to you.
I'm quite aware. And I'm talking to HeavenWood about you. If you're still confused, I'll clarify.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:55 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,868,226 times
um, 25 years IN Delaware county right? Thats ZERO years in philly vs my 26 years IN the city.. LOL You are funny

Quote:

Almost 25, buddy, and isn't it just like how a person from Bucks County constantly talks like he's the expert on what it's "really like" in an urban neighborhood?

Corporate and industries experience in this very field, frank? Do you have any idea how many people on this forum alone could try to say the same things you do based on their "experience" in the work world? Yet they don't... do they?

Old 02-11-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Because it's so very difficult to think like a home owner. It's just such an unbelievably difficult thing to comprehend that nobody could ever possibly get in that mindset unless they actually owned a home.

Are you serious right now?
Sure I am serious. Just like you can't think like a parent when you don't have a child. When I did not own a home I could not think like one either.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:00 AM

735 posts, read 1,128,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'm quite aware. And I'm talking to HeavenWood about you. If you're still confused, I'll clarify.
It's quite obvious who you're talking to and who you're talking about.

What you seem to be confused about though is that you were responding to HeavenWood as if he had been talking about me thus making your comment about me nonsensical given that it appears that you're talking about soug by the post you quoted and responded to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
um, 25 years IN Delaware county right? Thats ZERO years in philly vs my 26 years IN the city.. LOL You are funny
25 years in an urban neighborhood, over half of which were spent in a neighborhood that sheltered people like you would classify as "ghetto" because you don't know what ghetto actually is. 25 years of other experience that sheltered people like you only read about.

Your 26 years in the Northeast after growing up in Bucks County trumps my ACTUALLY GROWING UP in an urban neighborhood that is well known for fighting and being "white trash" among more sheltered suburbanites? Really?

People like you force people like me to speak about things because you have no problem whatsoever speaking for or as an authority on a city you're not from nor one that you have lived in any part of but the Northeast or have lived in any part of in how many years now? I don't like doing that, but I'm sick of seeing people from the outside dictating the conversation when I'm much less sheltered about certain things than they are. I would much prefer to have the people actually living in or from the city dictate the conversation than say anything about it myself. That's the difference between you and I, frank.

Last edited by UDResident; 02-11-2013 at 11:09 AM..

Old 02-11-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Sure I am serious. Just like you can't think like a parent when you don't have a child. When I did not own a home I could not think like one either.
I'm not you, buddy.... and you are certainly not me.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:08 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,997,463 times
Quote:
I'm not you, buddy.... and you are certainly not me.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:09 AM

12 years in a 'ghetto". You win! lol You know more then me!!

Quote:
I

25 years in an urban neighborhood, over half of which were spent in a neighborhood that sheltered people like you would classify as "ghetto" because you don't know what ghetto actually is. 25 years of other experience that sheltered people like you only read about.

Your 26 years in the Northeast after growing up in Bucks County trumps my ACTUALLY GROWING UP in an urban neighborhood that is well known for fighting and being "white trash" among more sheltered suburbanites? Really?

Old 02-11-2013, 11:10 AM

23,810 posts, read 34,654,152 times
Quote:
Because it's so very difficult to think like a home owner. It's just such an unbelievably difficult thing to comprehend that nobody could ever possibly get in that mindset unless they actually owned a home.

Are you serious right now?

Maybe then but they've been poaching from Philadelphia for decades now. And you don't call a company being lured there as "poaching"?
Subaru was not lured. That was not done at that time. The site was empty & on the market & it worked for them. Cherry Hill was still semi-rural. Businesses that moved into Cherry Hill primarily were from Camden. They left Camden as Camden continued to crumble. If you want to consider that poaching, be my guest, but it's a fairy-tale that you are trying to sell to others. The only thing that I know of that came from Philadelphia was Vlasic & Mrs. Pauls (moved as a single unit), Their offices were moved into an office park at Rt 70 & Cuthbert Road after Campbells acquired them. Cherry Hill did not lure them. Campbells moved them.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
12 years in a 'ghetto". You win! lol You know more then me!!
Try 15, and I said that YOU would see it as one because you don't know what ghetto actually is.

Yes, it does trump your "experience". I'm still living here, buddy. I still hang out in the same places I did growing up. I still am around all types of people from all types of backgrounds in all kinds of places.

Even the subject of this thread... I merely asked a question of "Why", and who is it that claims to be an expert on the subject? You of course. Yet again, you force me to reply to steer the conversation away from your "expert", "inside" information.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Subaru was not lured. That was not done at that time. The site was empty & on the market & it worked for them. Cherry Hill was still semi-rural. Businesses that moved into Cherry Hill primarily were from Camden. They left Camden as Camden continued to crumble. If you want to consider that poaching, be my guest, but it's a fairy-tale that you are trying to sell to others. The only thing that I know of that came from Philadelphia was Vlasic & Mrs. Pauls (moved as a single unit), Their offices were moved into an office park at Rt 70 & Cuthbert Road after Campbells acquired them. Cherry Hill did not lure them. Campbells moved them.
It's not a fairytale nor a fantasy. It's the history of the metro that people from more suburban parts seem to be very uncomfortable with. They didn't lure companies back then? Really? And exactly how do you think all of the jobs left the city and even the metro?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia