Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 09:50 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,514,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraC ynnaD View Post
I've been to the Four Seasons quite a few times - had some good meals and some bad meals. One of the worst burgers I ever had.
I've heard good things about the Green Eggs Cafe, I'll have to check it out.
Yeah, if you like French Toast, do check out Green Eggs Café. They have delicious Crème brûlée and Tiramisu version of french Toast, and a pretty good Red Velvet Pancake. Their "Kitchen Sink" breakfast isn't bad either. Eggs, sausage, biscuits, peppers, hash browns, gravy all served in an cast iron skillet. The portions are huge and I never finish them. You can get a kid size of a lot of things! or split something between the two of you, even.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 11:18 AM

630 posts, read 994,095 times
Genos and Pats!

Old 03-20-2013, 12:31 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,686,635 times
Moriarity's is a great place. So is Percy Street BBQ. Black Sheep is good. Mad Mex, New Deck Tavern and Copabanana in UCity are all good.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:12 PM

289 posts, read 338,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB52 View Post
I love BBQ, and my two favorite places are Fette Sau (NoLibs area) and Percy Street BBQ (South Street), with Fette Sau being slightly better. Like others have said, as long as you don't get drinks then the bill will be under $55. If you spend a little bit more, say $65-70, both of you can enjoy a really good meal at Osteria. It's an Italian place known for its pizza and pastas and was featured on the Food Network for its pizza, but it also has really good meat entrees. In particular, the roast pig is to die for, they give you a cut of the shoulder, the tenderloin, rib, and a crispy piece of skin. I love that place, great atmosphere and good crowd. I've only been twice and have gotten the pig special each time and it was excellent. Also good is the rabbit. The side of kale is literally the best kale I've ever had. My Dad was raving about it and he rarely ate vegetables a year ago.
Have you ever had the babybacks from Rib Rack? If you haven't, try them. Now.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo cities View Post
Genos and Pats!
That's an amazing suggestion! I've heard of them, but have never been. What should I get there? My Chinese g/f speaks broken English (even though she's been here since the age of two and half). Will I have to order for her? Be jealous.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Moriarity's is a great place. So is Percy Street BBQ. Black Sheep is good. Mad Mex, New Deck Tavern and Copabanana in UCity are all good.
Love Moriarity's wings.

I'm gonna have to try this Percy Street BBQ.

I almost went to the Black Sheep ... have you tried the sheperd's pie or fish and chips?

Old 03-20-2013, 04:56 PM

630 posts, read 994,095 times
Quote:
That's an amazing suggestion! I've heard of them, but have never been. What should I get there? My Chinese g/f speaks broken English (even though she's been here since the age of two and half). Will I have to order for her? Be jealous.
Go for cheesesteak with alot of whiz cheese on top! Mushroom on it will intentify the experience.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:02 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
Just curious, have you ever taken the girl friend to Chinks? Reason why I ask is because my wife is Chinese and have always been afraid to take her there, not sure what the reaction may be from the owner or his family.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Just curious, have you ever taken the girl friend to Chinks? Reason why I ask is because my wife is Chinese and have always been afraid to take her there, not sure what the reaction may be from the owner or his family.
HAHA! Yes! We've been there twice so far. AND she had me take a picture of her in front of the sign with the owner smiling in the background (she invited him into the picture). Last time I was there it was the best steak I ever had there.
Go!

Old 03-20-2013, 06:06 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
HAHA! Yes! We've been there twice so far. AND she had me take a picture of her in front of the sign with the owner smiling in the background (she invited him into the picture). Last time I was there it was the best steak I ever had there.
Go!
I have been there many times, but because of the fact that the Chinese Community tried to sue them several years ago I never felt comfortable about taking her there, and I never recall ever seeing an Asian there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia