Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2021, 06:27 AM

9,325 posts, read 12,995,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
Of course it does.

Doesn't make it so.
Why aren’t they hate group, then?

Old 06-06-2021, 06:52 AM

1,465 posts, read 621,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
Why aren’t they hate group, then?
Pride doesn't equal hate.

Plus, so many lies are put out there by the SPLC, that they're not to be taken seriously.

Do they classify blm as a terrorist/hate group? If not, they should.

The SPLC could consider just about any private club (of any race or religion) 'racist' and/or 'anti-Semitic' if the listened in long enough.

Last edited by Hedonism; 06-06-2021 at 07:29 AM..

Old 06-06-2021, 07:02 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,509,104 times
The Dunkin’ Donuts crime is one of the most heinous crimes I can remember in a while. That was a pretty good surveillance shot directly at his face. I hope the all levels of law enforcement are used in quickly bringing this person in.

Old 06-06-2021, 07:07 AM

She had already given up the loot. Why murder her?

Capital punishment.

Old 06-06-2021, 08:29 AM

14,147 posts, read 9,038,713 times
Quote:
Pride doesn't equal hate.

Plus, so many lies are put out there by the SPLC, that they're not to be taken seriously.

Do they classify blm as a terrorist/hate group? If not, they should.

The SPLC could consider just about any private club (of any race or religion) 'racist' and/or 'anti-Semitic' if the listened in long enough.
From this, combined with the rhetoric I see issuing from both, I think I can reach the conclusion that you downplay the bigotry issuing from right-wing radical groups and overemphasize the violence issuing from groups on the left.

The firebombs and bricks come from two groups: the lefty anarchists/Antifa and the opportunistic looters, who have no political agenda. They do not come from BLM (which is a highly decentralized movement to boot) itself, or to the extent that there are BLM supporters throwing them, the movement does not encourage them to express their outrage that way. (Chances are there is some overlap between groups on the Left as there is among those on the Right.)

Also: The boldfaced statement sounds like it could come from a Confederate apologist. And anyone who has read the "Cornerstone Speech" knows what the Confederates were really fighting for.

Old 06-06-2021, 08:33 AM

14,147 posts, read 9,038,713 times
Quote:

I know there is a problem with left-wing anti-Semitism, but that gets conflated with hostility to the state of Israel. (I think you will find some on the Left who argue that being anti-Israel does not make one an anti-Semite.) And find me a lefty group whose members walk around wearing "Camp Auschwitz" T-shirts or T-shirts reading "6MWE" (Six Million Weren't Enough). You found people sporting both among the mob on 1/6. And there's nothing like the "Great Replacement" theory circulating on the Left.

Old 06-06-2021, 12:26 PM

blm - 'Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon!'

Some people are so gullible.

Old 06-06-2021, 12:29 PM

1,803 posts, read 933,711 times
Quote:
blm - 'Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon!'

Some people are so gullible.
Honestly, you are the one who keeps this demonizing thread going. Few cities have a Crime thread. It does not help prospective visitors eyeing Philly with what you'all type here. Day after day of demonizing, labels, and now more and more Racist. I would lighten that just a tad.... if ya know what I mean....

Everytime I visit this forum.... it could get a rest, but you keep it on hyper speed and I keep thinking it is time to move ones location already to a nice still less mixed city perhaps..... area, city, state. I said to some in the Chicago forum... there take a thread to politics that is not about it and of course crime where a thread there is not allowed. Much just borders things that are not for this forum. Local politics is as not luved in Philly as most of our major cities. Crime is on the uptick sadly in most. Still this city has a Thread for it and one who daily keeps it on alkaline batteries.

It is just so easy to read between the lines. Just watch how far one lets it out..... some threads I believe in cancel culture for ...

Last edited by NoHyping; 06-06-2021 at 12:38 PM..

Old 06-06-2021, 12:49 PM

463 posts, read 206,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Honestly, you are the one who keeps this demonizing thread going. Few cities have a Crime thread. It does not help prospective visitors eyeing Philly with what you'all type here. Day after day of demonizing, labels, and now more and more Racist. I would lighten that just a tad.... if ya know what I mean....

Everytime I visit this forum.... it could get a rest, but you keep it on hyper speed and I keep thinking it is time to move ones location already to a nice still less mixed city perhaps..... area, city, state. I said to some in the Chicago forum... there take a thread to politics that is not about it and of course crime where a thread there is not allowed. Much just borders things that are not for this forum. Local politics is as not luved in Philly as most of our major cities. Crime is on the uptick sadly in most. Still this city has a Thread for it and one who daily keeps it on alkaline batteries.

It is just so easy to read between the lines. Just watch how far one lets it out..... some threads I believe in cancel culture for ...
Cancel culture is poison, and anyone that supports it is a hypocrite and a bully.

Old 06-06-2021, 03:19 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,116,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovephilly79 View Post
Cancel culture is poison, and anyone that supports it is a hypocrite and a bully.
Canceling racially motivated comments is "poison"... You've inadvertently exposed yourself with that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia