Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2021, 05:45 AM

1,465 posts, read 613,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJay64 View Post

This particular shooting was two blocks from me. Apparently there was an underage party at an AirBnb where an argument occurred, leading to this. There have been numerous complaints about parties at this address in the recent months. It's likely an isolated incident as they bring guests who wouldn't normally be in the area - at least I hope so because I frequently walk through that intersection at that time.
Be careful out there.

There are people looking for trouble all over Center City who don't live there.

Old 08-10-2021, 05:47 AM

Kensington:
https://6abc.com/philadelphia-parkin...ison/10941070/

Saving parking spots with cones and chairs is part of the animalistic culture of Kensington.

I'd like to see this slob get a year in prison.

Old 08-10-2021, 08:25 AM

9,340 posts, read 9,202,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
These drug dealers are the scourge of the planet. Im at the point where I hope no one in these open-air shootouts makes it out.
Same, I may sound heartless, but I wish they all took each other out. They will be back on the street within 2 years doing the same thing. At least they didn't kill a civilian.

Also, 70 shell casings!? Do they just close their eyes and pull the trigger until its empty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
Center City (13th and Lombard):
https://6abc.com/center-city-philade...iple/10940065/

At least we don't have to worry about those pesky plastic bags.
This stuff is what will turn people away from the city. If you watch the 6ABC video, a nearby neighbor said he feels less safe now than in 1973... In a different news video, a woman said she plans to move out of the city when her lease is up because of crime.

I am in Manhattan now, but contemplate moving back to Center City, but reading these stories makes me reconsider. Not to say there isn't a lot good going on, but between the inept leadership and crime creeping into Center City, it could cancel out a lot of the good.

Last edited by cpomp; 08-10-2021 at 09:01 AM..

Old 08-10-2021, 10:28 AM

8,975 posts, read 21,061,280 times
Quote:
Kensington:
https://6abc.com/philadelphia-parkin...ison/10941070/

Saving parking spots with cones and chairs is part of the animalistic culture of Kensington.

I'd like to see this slob get a year in prison.
Saving parking spots with cones and such is an annoying part of living in Philadelphia - I had heard of it mostly in South Philly - but far from animalistic.

The man who got upset, however, could have definitely chosen other options than bashing in the neighbor's car windows, especially since they were already in the wrong.

Old 08-10-2021, 10:31 AM

1,683 posts, read 946,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Also, 70 shell casings!? Do they just close their eyes and pull the trigger until its empty?

I read story - I forget when - where the cops were saying that since the average age for shooters has dropped to 16 (yes, 16), they have seen more casings per incident. The kids have much less skill with guns, much less respect for human life and are much more emotional and trigger happy.

It's the reason they give for these mass shootings that happen every week. They shoot into crowds to increase the chances of bloodshed.

Old 08-10-2021, 10:53 AM

4,761 posts, read 3,256,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingZen View Post
Saving parking spots with cones and such is an annoying part of living in Philadelphia - I had heard of it mostly in South Philly - but far from animalistic.

The man who got upset, however, could have definitely chosen other options than bashing in the neighbor's car windows, especially since they were already in the wrong.
Parking can be a real bytch in many neighborhoods of the city. If one chooses to live in one of those neighborhoods, they have to realize they do not own the street and have no say were others park. Unfortunately in todays world some tend to get much more hostile over parking then in the past.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingZen View Post

Move their cones and watch how animalistic they become.

Saving a spot is an act of aggression.

Old 08-10-2021, 02:35 PM

463 posts, read 202,620 times
Quote:
Move their cones and watch how animalistic they become.

Saving a spot is an act of aggression.
Absolutely. This is that sense of entitlement. "This spot is mine." Most of this violence is driven by low emotional intelligence and entitlement.

Old 08-10-2021, 07:36 PM

Cavanaugh's Riverdeck:
https://6abc.com/cavanaughs-river-de...rawl/10943107/

I always hated the ghetto-trash move of stomping someone's head when they're down.

They don't want to fight, they want to kill.

Hope this creep gets some prison time.

Old 08-11-2021, 06:09 PM

305 posts, read 210,312 times
I live in Chicago (i.e the beautiful northside) and visited your dear city last month.

Man, Philly felt rough, though.

Like so rough as in I-couldn't-wait-to-land-at-O'Hare rough.

But the city was so obviously once gorgeous. That's the tragedy of it all. I just sat in your airport kind of lamenting this iconic American city. Some of the neighborhoods I saw looked like a minor improvement over Haiti or Liberia, but barely.

Then I watched some of the videos you all posted and it's no different from the barbarity practiced by the gang bangers in our own southside neighborhoods.

The greatest American tragedy is the high volume of ruthless murder perpetrated on a daily basis in our beloved American cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia