Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2021, 06:05 AM

463 posts, read 206,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
Center City:
https://6abc.com/philadelphia-busine...urge/10972860/
Fallout from soft on crime policies.
I hope this woman takes her business somewhere safer.
The city cannot even recruit enough police officers to fill their ranks. And why? Because the district attorney and the general consensus is that police officers are not supported. This police officer should be fired, but let's not go and expect that anything good will come of it. And expect that police officers, in the city especially, will continue to do as little as possible in the future.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:15 AM

9,378 posts, read 9,326,130 times
Quote:
Center City:
Wow...

This is a friend of a friend. People should watch that interview, she did everything right. And disheartening to hear her statements.

I don't understand why the officer didn't do anything though? But it doesn't help when the Media sensationalizes an anti-police rhetoric, and a select group of the population has a lot of power, decrying any level of enforcement. It also irritates me that the same people complaining that the police do nothing are the same people who support Krasner and the lenient on crime officials (not this woman, in general). This is the kind of stuff that leaves me wondering which political party is worse...

And of course the actual victims are small business owners and random law abiding civilians.

But, this is NOT Philadelphia specific. I rear a story in San Francisco recently, a drugged up man was walking down the street kicking car doors (leaving huge dents), and then walked off, and was never found or taken off the street...

Last edited by cpomp; 08-25-2021 at 08:30 AM..

Old 08-25-2021, 09:19 AM

1,697 posts, read 970,615 times
That cop should be fired. If there is policy he was following, whoever came up with it should be fired. Krasner should be impeached and anyone who voted for him should be ashamed.

This "defund the police" crap has gotten us in a very dangerous situation. And people actually CHOSE to do it.

Amazing.

The more this type of story happens, and is reported on, the more dangerous this place is gonna get. It's a criminal's market right now and it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Old 08-25-2021, 10:21 AM

9,378 posts, read 9,326,130 times
Chester officials say collaboration has helped lower gun violence there. When Philly officials visited Tuesday, discord followed.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philad...-20210824.html

Just like high school. In short, Council left the Mayor, DA and Police Commissioner out of their trip to Chester. Then a sassy exchange between the Mayor and DA. Then the Delaware County DA called out the Philadelphia DA, and another exchange ensued.

Interesting that the Philadelphia DA is involved in every exchange, and from my own hearsay, he is an arrogant disrespectful a**.

Also, Philadelphia has a Police Commissioner? (sarcasm).

Old 08-25-2021, 10:47 AM

744 posts, read 774,953 times
Quote:
Center City:
Ridiculous. Stories like this make me feel tired and I don't blame people for wanting to run. For years this City has completely disregard quality of life concerns and the predictable result has been a diminishing quality of life. This officer is just yet another city representative that just doesn't care.

Old 08-25-2021, 10:54 AM

1,524 posts, read 1,182,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Chester officials say collaboration has helped lower gun violence there. When Philly officials visited Tuesday, discord followed.

Just like high school. In short, Council left the Mayor, DA and Police Commissioner out of their trip to Chester. Then a sassy exchange between the Mayor and DA. Then the Delaware County DA called out the Philadelphia DA, and another exchange ensued.

Interesting that the Philadelphia DA is involved in every exchange, and from my own hearsay, he is an arrogant disrespectful a**.

From the article:

Quote:
The city’s top prosecutor said Philadelphia’s version appears too centered on law enforcement at the expense of supportive services, such as jobs programs.
Really, Larry?

That article was tough to read. Could the children please leave the room and let the adults take over?

Old 08-25-2021, 11:01 AM

1,697 posts, read 970,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post

What an utter dumpster fire the Admistration/Police/DA is. This embarrassment needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY. I seriously cannot believe that Krasner was re-elected. Kenney blows and Outlaw? Good lord.

Philly deserves better.

Old 08-25-2021, 12:13 PM

1,026 posts, read 446,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
That cop should be fired. If there is policy he was following, whoever came up with it should be fired. Krasner should be impeached and anyone who voted for him should be ashamed.

This "defund the police" crap has gotten us in a very dangerous situation. And people actually CHOSE to do it.

Amazing.

The more this type of story happens, and is reported on, the more dangerous this place is gonna get. It's a criminal's market right now and it's gonna get worse before it gets better.
I was in a CC Target a few days ago; as I entered, a woman slipped between gap in the security detector and door...cop said ''she probably paid for her stuff''...did nothing.

I heard that Krasner's office has decided to not prosecute property crimes/thefts under $1,000., which is the same policy that the blue progressive cities on the west coast have ie San Francisco, where Chesa Boudin is the DA (son of weather underground cop killers and raised by domestic terrorists-Obama pals Bill Ayers & Bernadine Dohrn in Chicago's Hyde Park as his parents did time in prison...btw, outgoing Gov Cuomo just recommended Chesa's daddy for clemency after 40 years in the big house).

The ''defund the police'' crap is just icing on the cake. Business owners are not allowed to kick people out and have to have bathrooms for the public...thanks to that Starbucks is racist uproar in 2018. I've seen street people sitting in stairwells at Target as cops stand by doing nothing...remember to have someone removed from a business was supposed to entail calling a superior officer to come and ''defuse'' the situation in lieu of removal or arrest...what an Einstein policy...so folks just sit about with their street ''luggage'' in the middle of a retail store...kinda like the ridiculous policy of sending social workers or psychiatrists to calls involving people having a ''mental crisis'' (in reality 99% of these folks are on cray azz drugs-see the Walter Wallace incident last year and the dude in a stolen car mowing down and injuring-killing people on CC sidewalks a few weeks ago).

Of course crimes like property theft are down but violent crime, especially homicides are way up. I know a couple taking a walk in or near Fairmount Park recently were set upon by 2 dudes as they passed by..both were violently assaulted...they didn't even report it to the cops.

Hell, Philly cops can't even pull cars over for expired tags, broken taillights etc...these stops are crucial in apprehending folks with open felony warrants...but we can't have that cuz a certain demographic will have higher rates of stops/arrests....unequal outcome, means the policy is racist.

This is the atmosphere sneaky Little Larry wants to create though; remember, crime is not the individual's fault, the racist capitalist system is to blame.

Let's not forget that the 2020 Democratic Presidential & VP candidates, as well as many blue city mayors, stood with criminals against the police last year, so there's a lot of poison out there against law enforcement.

Who didn't see this fiasco coming when you have childish ideas as policies?

Larry Kranser has priorities though: celebrating the removal of Philly ''gestapo'' Frank Rizzo statue and recall the 1st thing he did day 1 as DA...removed all pictures of the prior DAs hanging on the wall cuz they were all white faces...the only black DA pic could have been Seth Williams, but he went prison for stealing his moms nursing home care $$ and couldn't make the picture wall...then we have Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw's day 1 first policy and only one I recall...changing the ''no color nail polish'' policy so she could wear her favorite color black...you can't make this stuff up.

Last edited by MPK21; 08-25-2021 at 01:06 PM..

Old 08-25-2021, 12:33 PM

22 posts, read 13,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
What an utter dumpster fire the Admistration/Police/DA is. This embarrassment needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY. I seriously cannot believe that Krasner was re-elected. Kenney blows and Outlaw? Good lord.

Philly deserves better.
Yeah, I'm pretty much at a loss for words at the level of dysfunction described in the Inquirer article. God help us.

Old 08-25-2021, 01:19 PM

1,026 posts, read 446,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Girl View Post
From the article:

Really, Larry?

That article was tough to read. Could the children please leave the room and let the adults take over?
Well, we have a DA more interested in social work than enforcing the law...and he HATES cops...nice resume for the DA right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia