Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2021, 06:34 AM

2,213 posts, read 1,077,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
If you like that post, you'd like the entire Pittsburgh forum. Its populated by people rejected from 4chan for being too socially awkward and conspiratorial. They will spend post as after post explaining how miserable they are; from their hatred of apartment buildings to pizzerias, anything they slightly annoys them is always someone's fault, and that someone is always someone that doesn't look or think like them. Rumor has it that when Obama famously used the phrase "bitter Pennsylvanians", he cited that forum.
Lol, this group is full of grumpy blue collar conservative men who blame liberals and black people for everything. It's kind of sad and funny to be honest. I exposed one of them a few days ago on this exact forum as being on of Hedonism's alt accounts. All you have to do is Just mention BLM , Gay Rights or ask them to wear a mask and watch these pathetic baby boomers go into a rage. They have the nerve to call us snowflakes; the irony.

Old 11-20-2021, 06:40 AM

13,960 posts, read 8,825,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
Lol, this group is full of grumpy blue collar conservative men who blame liberals and black people for everything. It's kind of sad and funny to be honest. I exposed one of them a few days ago on this exact forum as being on of Hedonism's alt accounts. All you have to do is Just mention BLM , Gay Rights or ask them to wear a mask and watch these pathetic baby boomers go into a rage. They have the nerve to call us snowflakes; the irony.
Hey, I'm a Boomer myself.

But then again, I'm not white.

Old 11-20-2021, 09:15 AM

9,343 posts, read 9,210,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
I sure hope you are not referring to me... If you are, you would be incredibly and woefully incorrect in your assumption.

Sandy, back me up here, lol.

Last edited by cpomp; 11-20-2021 at 09:42 AM..

Old 11-20-2021, 09:17 AM

113 posts, read 224,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus215 View Post
I absolutely think that the significant increase in crime over the past year has everything to do with weak law enforcement and a refusal to prosecute criminals. No, its not the root of all crime in the city, but it has allowed it to grow substantially. And it didn’t just start suddenly last year - it started when Kenney was elected mayor and Krasner was elected DA. Since then, the murder rate has doubled after bottoming out under the prior mayor.

If you don’t enforce the law, people will commit more crime. Pretty common sense to most people not blinded by progressive liberal ideology. Philly has made tremendous progress over the past 50 years, but Kenney, Krasner, and City Council have the city going in reverse. It’s not too late to fix, but it requires voters to do a better job of electing politicians. New York just elected a tough-on-crime mayor after the disaster that was de Blasio. Let’s hope Philly can do the same.
Okay, did crime in NY go up under DeBlasio? Do you think that bumbling, stumbling Eric Adams is doing anything more right now than just trying to please the dunderheads who live in Long Island Mansions and donated him thousands of dollars for his campaign? You really drink that kool aid my friend!

Old 11-20-2021, 09:28 AM

1,339 posts, read 2,469,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldblooded36 View Post
Okay, did crime in NY go up under DeBlasio? Do you think that bumbling, stumbling Eric Adams is doing anything more right now than just trying to please the dunderheads who live in Long Island Mansions and donated him thousands of dollars for his campaign? You really drink that kool aid my friend!
Yes the murder rate in NYC increased almost 50% from 2019 to 2020. That is a statistical fact, and people in NYC were sick of the crime and lawlessness that was permitted to occur under DeBlasio. Normal people don’t want to live in anarchy, and even the progressives in NYC got sick of it. Now, you can call people names like a good little liberal, but it’s people like you who are permitting Philly and other cities across the country to revert back to the 1970s.

Old 11-20-2021, 09:30 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,397,685 times
Quote:
Yes the murder rate in NYC increased almost 50% from 2019 to 2020. That is a statistical fact, and people in NYC were sick of the crime and lawlessness that was permitted to occur under DeBlasio. Normal people don’t want to live in anarchy, and even the progressives in NYC got sick of it. Now, you can call people names like a good little liberal, but it’s people like you who are permitting Philly and other cities across the country to revert back to the 1970s.
Let's not leave out the fact that the Covid epidemic helped plunge the city into a post-apocolyptic wasteland...

Old 11-20-2021, 09:40 AM

1,339 posts, read 2,469,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Let's not leave out the fact that the Covid epidemic helped plunge the city into a post-apocolyptic wasteland...
Actually crime initially plunged because everything was locked down. Then it went through the roof during the BLM riots and ensuing "defund the police" movement that was embraced by the progressives.

Old 11-20-2021, 10:13 AM

10,583 posts, read 12,004,202 times
Quote:
Actually crime initially plunged because everything was locked down. Then it went through the roof during the BLM riots and ensuing "defund the police" movement that was embraced by the progressives.
I care less about why crime increased, than the lack of enforcement against those who committed it.
I'd pay for 50 more prisons IF it meant keeping criminals -- violent AND petty -- off the street.

Society can address the excuses -- OK "reasons," if you must -- that people give for committing crime. But those efforts should be aimed at really addressing the "causes." (If you even want to go that route.) Not BS programs that are shown to not work. Should the anti crime effort be 50/50 enforcement to prevention? 70/30? I don't know what the allocation should be. I just know I personally am a NO tolerance for violent crime/criminals. I don't care what kind of a "hard life" they've had.

Old 11-20-2021, 01:42 PM

1,019 posts, read 434,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
I sure hope you are not referring to me... If you are, you would be incredibly and woefully incorrect in your assumption.

Sandy, back me up here, lol.
I'm supposed to be the latest version of Hedonism...from the guy who celebrated Philly's decreasing crime by stating that ''only 7 people were shot'' the 1st two days of September...you know, the same 2 days when Ida came through and inundated the city and region with historic flooding...lol...so consider the logic this dude owns...lol...same dude who claims to have certain posters on ''ignore'' yet continuously responds and then bails-out again after making personal digs and insults....and claims to be some kind of ''mentor'' and goes to stop the violence marches and balloon launches sponsored paid for by taxpayers...lol...and none of this is a ''false dichotomy'' LOL...just a sample of the big terms intellectual students at CCP try to use to make sound ''smart''.

Last edited by MPK21; 11-20-2021 at 03:01 PM..

Old 11-20-2021, 01:51 PM

1,019 posts, read 434,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
That attack was so sad and disturbing What is wrong with people.

Some good news, the monster that murdered the woman at the check cashing store was arrested today.
So Philly is actually having an anti-Asian hate crime wave...recall the Asian woman attacked at 21/Walnut last month. Of course this narrative won't play much in the media because it's not white-on-Asian incidents...you know the white supremacy hate and violence campaign sweeping the country...or is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia