Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2021, 06:45 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,747,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
Yes, today at about 12:00 noon.
Dont see how that's possible at that time of day in that area

Old 11-28-2021, 07:31 PM

I just brought up 20th and market on my laptop on my computer. I dont believe anyone was robbed at that location at 12pm. I need to see a video

Old 11-28-2021, 07:40 PM

1,026 posts, read 446,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I just brought up 20th and market on my laptop on my computer. I dont believe anyone was robbed at that location at 12pm. I need to see a video
how do you ''bring up 20th/Market'' on your laptop? You googled it? Video of what? the armed robber heading south on 20th Street? There's never a good description, certainly the perps' race is never mentioned...perhaps security footage is available in the area.

It appears you're having a hard time believing this and perhaps that the WaWa in the 1900 block of Market has had several armed robberies the past few months...and the shooting/s at the bus shelter at 20/Market.

It's not on the news...none of the above stated incidents are on the news or in the newspapers...very little crime reporting is on the news or papers other than homicides.

Last edited by MPK21; 11-28-2021 at 07:54 PM..

Old 11-28-2021, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Dont see how that's possible at that time of day in that area
Are you around this area much? It's not that ''busy'' anymore, certainly after dark. The area is pretty desolate after dark; has gotten busier during the day maybe with more traffic but regular weekday pedestrian day traffic is still not much. Currently a Sunday around noon is not busy as are any evenings/late night 7 days a week. No one is really back in the office so what would the draw be otherwise to Market Street generally and this part of the street in particular to make it busy? A WaWa, CVS, or Kinko's?

Why is it hard to believe that the WaWa here is getting hit? The now closed WaWa @Broad/Walnut was in a much busier area and had to close...and that was pre-pandemic, pre-anarchy 2020.

Maybe when and if workers return to the office it will get more foot traffic but not now; that bus shelter there was a hang-out with dudes partying and gettin' loud...and then, of course, the gunfire was inevitable.

Sorry but it's true. I get it, not what anyone wants to hear about.

You saw the big driftin' event at 15/Market last month...why is not believable that lots of crap is going in CC?

Last edited by MPK21; 11-28-2021 at 08:14 PM..

Old 11-28-2021, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
This is so awful. Was this just a random attack that resulted in murder?

https://www.inquirer.com/news/temple...-20211128.html

"According to 6abc reporter Bob Brooks, sources told him that a robber attacked the student after they finished parking their car, then killed them. A Temple University spokesperson confirmed the homicide in a statement. "
so it looks like this temple student struggled with the robber-gunman as he unloaded his luggage returning to his apartment from Thanksgiving...

Philly was lit-up today...including a mass shooting tonight in SW, 4 dudes shot, 1 is critical...and yet another 16 y.o. male shot killed in North Philly tonight.

It's actually hard to track these shootings and homicides today/this weekend.

It's disgusting what's happening in this city and not a peep from the ''activists'' about the black victims and the skyrocketing number of women and children victims.

Going into 2022 will be same and this new Driver Equality Bill or whatever it's called will only increase homicides and violent crime.

The Floyd Effect is going to be long lasting and quite deadly here in Philly and across the country...and our city council enacts a Driver Equality Bill...smh.

Last edited by MPK21; 11-28-2021 at 09:52 PM..

Old 11-28-2021, 09:10 PM

Quote:
fyi...the location of this armed robbery is 2040 Market Street...right about where this dudes hangin' out bus shelter is.

report came in at 12:05pm

Last edited by MPK21; 11-28-2021 at 09:22 PM..

Old 11-28-2021, 10:41 PM

Quote:
how do you ''bring up 20th/Market'' on your laptop? You googled it? Video of what? the armed robber heading south on 20th Street? There's never a good description, certainly the perps' race is never mentioned...perhaps security footage is available in the area.

It appears you're having a hard time believing this and perhaps that the WaWa in the 1900 block of Market has had several armed robberies the past few months...and the shooting/s at the bus shelter at 20/Market.

It's not on the news...none of the above stated incidents are on the news or in the newspapers...very little crime reporting is on the news or papers other than homicides.
I cant see how anyone can be robbed in that busy active at 12pm with those big 4 corners. Just hard to believe

Old 11-28-2021, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Are you around this area much? It's not that ''busy'' anymore, certainly after dark. The area is pretty desolate after dark; has gotten busier during the day maybe with more traffic but regular weekday pedestrian day traffic is still not much. Currently a Sunday around noon is not busy as are any evenings/late night 7 days a week. No one is really back in the office so what would the draw be otherwise to Market Street generally and this part of the street in particular to make it busy? A WaWa, CVS, or Kinko's?

Why is it hard to believe that the WaWa here is getting hit? The now closed WaWa @Broad/Walnut was in a much busier area and had to close...and that was pre-pandemic, pre-anarchy 2020.

Maybe when and if workers return to the office it will get more foot traffic but not now; that bus shelter there was a hang-out with dudes partying and gettin' loud...and then, of course, the gunfire was inevitable.

Sorry but it's true. I get it, not what anyone wants to hear about.

You saw the big driftin' event at 15/Market last month...why is not believable that lots of crap is going in CC?
Bus shelter?

Old 11-28-2021, 10:45 PM

Quote:
fyi...the location of this armed robbery is 2040 Market Street...right about where this dudes hangin' out bus shelter is.

report came in at 12:05pm
Wait it's a shelter in the same building as the Wawa??????????

Old 11-29-2021, 04:03 AM

14,156 posts, read 9,047,788 times
Quote:
Wait it's a shelter in the same building as the Wawa??????????
The Wawa is in 1901 Market Street (former Philadelphia Stock Exchange Building), in the block just east of the bus shelter in question.

2040 Market is a former office building (once home to the Keystone Auto Club (AAA)) turned residential, and there's a Fine Wine & Good Spirits Premium Collection store on its street floor, which may account for the bus shelter becoming a party spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia