Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2021, 01:50 PM

471 posts, read 272,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Interesting maps.

Sort of related to your post, but I researched "downtown crime" in several large cities over the weekend. Philadelphia is by no means alone when it comes to disturbing crime entering downtown. Not excusing the crimes or behavior (the trend needs to change ASAP), but I wanted to share that tidbit since lately this thread has clearly become a breeding ground for trolling comments.

If people want to share crime news, FINE, but the snooty and often false or generalized Philadelphia centric commentary that follows isn't necessary. Constructive discussions or debates should be the goal.
Oh yeah, you should see what's going on in Chicago lately. Having lived there, in DC, and Baltimore before Philly - I can honestly say I've never seen a city before here with such a dedicated army of people determined to prove how horrible a place it is. I truly don't understand the motivation.

Old 12-13-2021, 02:11 PM

1,697 posts, read 969,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJay64 View Post
Oh yeah, you should see what's going on in Chicago lately. Having lived there, in DC, and Baltimore before Philly - I can honestly say I've never seen a city before here with such a dedicated army of people determined to prove how horrible a place it is. I truly don't understand the motivation.
There's something wrong with AQ. Don't judge based on that one.

Old 12-13-2021, 03:59 PM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Quote:
Misery loves company I guess.

But I don't understand it either. I get frustrated with the nonsense happening in Philadelphia right now, but I champion the city here, on Skyscraper Page, in real life, etc. There are some doozy posters on this board, and many can't be reasoned with.

Also sad that this is the only Philly thread that gets attention. I post often in the Phila2035 thread (few comment), positive news goes against the motivation of most on here.

Old 12-13-2021, 04:03 PM

979 posts, read 416,867 times
Quote:
Misery loves company I guess.

But I don't understand it either. I get frustrated with the nonsense happening in Philadelphia right now, but I champion the city here, on Skyscraper Page, in real life, etc. There are some doozy posters on this board, and many can't be reasoned with.
You're right - how do you reason with someone who shouts 'troll!' the second they see a post that doesn't fit their agenda? There's a lot I like about the city, but some of you aren't trying hear that noise. You'd rather be miserable yourself by complaining about 'trolls.' I mean this is a crime thread after all. Why do y'all get so upset? I'm thinking it's a control issue.

Old 12-13-2021, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrychen View Post
You're right - how do you reason with someone who shouts 'troll!' the second they see a post that doesn't fit their agenda? There's a lot I like about the city, but some of you aren't trying hear that noise. You'd rather be miserable yourself by complaining about 'trolls.' I mean this is a crime thread after all. Why do y'all get so upset? I'm thinking it's a control issue.
O give me a break man... I've been on this forum for over 10 years and the ridiculous comments (like the one I am replying to) don't keep me up at night. I call out BS when I read it. If you mistake that for "my agenda" (whatever that is), then that's on you bub.

And filter for AshbyQuin. If those comments aren't trolling, then lets just keep it moving.

Old 12-13-2021, 04:28 PM

Quote:
O give me a break man... I've been on this forum for over 10 years and the ridiculous comments (like the one I am replying to) don't keep me up at night. I call out BS when I read it. If you mistake that for "my agenda" (whatever that is), then that's on you bub.

And filter for AshbyQuin. If those comments aren't trolling, then lets just keep it moving.
Can we agree that although there's a lot to like in the city, there's also a lot to dislike? And 'BS' to you is another person's reality.

Old 12-13-2021, 04:35 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,116,133 times
Quote:
"Domestic Violence Is a Pandemic Within the COVID-19 Pandemic"

https://time.com/5928539/domestic-violence-covid-19/

Women with abusive partners aren't safe, but domestic incidents have little impact on the safety of the general public.
It does, which is why police treat domestic disputes with caution. Remember the domestic incident in Darby a few weeks ago in which the husband shot at innocent bystanders and police officers before pulling the trigger on himself?

Old 12-13-2021, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrychen View Post
Can we agree that although there's a lot to like in the city, there's also a lot to dislike? And 'BS' to you is another person's reality.
Agree. But the logic applies to any city. Anyways, moving on.

Old 12-13-2021, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Agree. But the logic applies to any city. Anyways, moving on.
It's a Philadelphia thread! Nobody cares what happens in other cities. Stop getting mad when somebody posts something negative.

Old 12-13-2021, 04:47 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,116,133 times
Man shot to death inside home in Mayfair

https://6abc.com/mayfair-shooting-ph...home/11334543/

Mayfair (and Frankford) have always been the hood areas of the Northeast, so this does not surprise me one bit.

529 Homicides
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia