Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2022, 07:19 PM

1,026 posts, read 447,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
yeah but he brings that mentality to his job. He needs to be re-called like they are doing to his clone in San Francisco.
of course he does but he uses his ACLU rooted cop hating tactics for a broader agenda. dude was a red diaper from day 1....just like Chesa Boudin in San Francisco (check out his family ''work'' history).

Old 06-07-2022, 08:30 PM

7,270 posts, read 10,598,621 times
So what are all the armchair crime warriors in this thread doing to make Philadelphia a better place?

I'd love to hear your answers!

Old 06-07-2022, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
yeah but he brings that mentality to his job. He needs to be re-called like they are doing to his clone in San Francisco.
Yep, we need to recall our Marxist DA just like San Francisco did to theirs today. Marxist Boudin was turning San Francisco into what his parents' dream for the U.S. and what former boss Hugo Chavez did to Venezuela. He outta the SF DA office now. Power to the People, Chesa.

Time for Danielle Outlaw to be immediately fired.

Recall the DA and fire the police commissioner would be a great start. Kenney is useless and should resign. Maybe his final act will be placing a George Floyd Statue in place of the racist Rizzo Statue he fought to put in place 30 years ago...our current DA cheered its removal.

Old 06-07-2022, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Why was Kenney looking like he didnt want to be on South street today? Like..........."I dont not feel like being down here today"
Maybe his Irish-Catholic guilt in being largely responsible for what has happened to these South Street business owners. Guilty conscience? Hangover? Rather be at bar? Who knows/

Can't look people in the eye down there sorta thing because Kenney did, after all, sacrifice his city and political future for the 2020 election.

Kenney & Outlaw, useless and useless, doing another media gimmick PR move.

Old 06-07-2022, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
So what are all the armchair crime warriors in this thread doing to make Philadelphia a better place?

Um, for starters, not breaking the law with impunity.

Old 06-08-2022, 04:06 AM

14,179 posts, read 9,068,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Why was Kenney looking like he didnt want to be on South street today? Like..........."I dont not feel like being down here today"
Kenney looks like that whenever he has to appear in a public-facing setting or anywhere where he might have to actually talk with ordinary citizens.

That's an important part of any mayor's job, and given that, I don't really understand why he wanted the job in the first place, let alone a second time.

Old 06-08-2022, 05:01 AM

64 posts, read 28,248 times
Quote:

I keep my block and surrounding blocks litter-free.
I get any graffiti in my neighborhood removed ASAP, sometimes I do it myself.
'Bandit' signs? I remove them.
Rogue shopping carts? I put them on my trash on trash night.
Abandoned vehicles? I have them removed.
Street light out? I have it fixed.
Street sign askew? I have it fixed.
Somebody that looks out of place or up to no good? I'll let them know I'm there or at least keep an eye on them if possible.

I once stopped a girl from being abducted by two males in Kensington.
I got a little boy's bicycle back for him in Port Richmond after witnessing two thugs strong-arm him for it.
I got a woman's purse back for her in Frankford after two thieves stole it off a bar.
In Holmesburg, I got a lost, mentally-retarded girl returned safely to her home.
I've done more, just can't recall right now.
No, I'm not a cop.

Most importantly, I don't vote for people like Kenney and Krasner.

What do you do to make Boston a better place?
My bet is absolutely nothing.

I walk the walk.

Last edited by Judge Hippo; 06-08-2022 at 05:14 AM..

Old 06-08-2022, 06:47 AM

7,270 posts, read 10,598,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Hippo View Post
I walk the walk.
In all honesty, props to you. That's great to hear. Despite a little bit of snark, I think we can all agree that community involvement is the only path to getting the city back on track. Especially in the absence of real leadership.

Also, this program sounds really promising and should be scaled up immediately. It's exactly the "middle-ground" that's been discussed in this thread; social intervention as a start, but criminal consequences as the ultimatum.

Quote:
A Philadelphia anti-violence initiative offers support and a warning to individuals and groups involved in shootings.

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- After Sunday's South Street shooting added urgency to Philadelphia's gun violence crisis, the city continues to search for solutions.

Group Violence Intervention (GVI) is one evidence-based approach. The program reduces gun violence by working within social networks to deter groups from shooting. It identifies individuals and groups who are involved in violent activity and targets them for social services to help break the cycle of violence, as well as increased consequences if they do pull the trigger.
https://6abc.com/gun-violence-shooti...tion/11936512/

Old 06-08-2022, 02:55 PM

64 posts, read 28,248 times
Quote:
In all honesty, props to you. That's great to hear. Despite a little bit of snark, I think we can all agree that community involvement is the only path to getting the city back on track. Especially in the absence of real leadership.
I wish more people would realize that one person can make a difference and they can be that one person. Of course, the more the better, but people need to stop thinking somebody else or the city will take care of their neighborhood.
On the other hand, most people just don't care (unless it affects them directly). Some neighborhoods are so overwhelmed by problems that people just accept it as being the norm.
I'm trying to not let it become overwhelming ...

Old 06-08-2022, 05:44 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Kenney looks like that whenever he has to appear in a public-facing setting or anywhere where he might have to actually talk with ordinary citizens.

That's an important part of any mayor's job, and given that, I don't really understand why he wanted the job in the first place, let alone a second time.

This video includes a Channel 10 reporter being very aggressive with Kenney near reading terminal asking what is being done and is the city doing everything right. And he responded with..........."Do you do everything right? lol Starts at 3:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83wFJCmzEwI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia