U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 03:33 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,177,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
Should be an easy fix. Toggle school start/dismissal times. Increase the punishment for fights and after-school illegal activities.
That would be a good start. And remove the serious troublemakers from their schools.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 09:59 AM

12,001 posts, read 11,489,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
Germantown:
http://6abc.com/news/3-boys-arrested...ntown/2068593/
Like hyenas .... These losers and the one from the suburbs should be forced to live in a cage together.
Neighbors here in Germantown are coming together and collecting money for a care package to give to Mark. The students have been apprehended and were the same kids involved in the Principal incident. The parents also need to be held accountable, but I'm glad neighbors were able to identify the perps. I live and work near where this took place, and it angered me so much to see that video. Poor guy.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:38 AM

5,546 posts, read 5,997,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
There's some fluff article this week about who he's dating. I mean...wtf. And he took that first direct flight from Philly to Iceland that was aborted for plane trouble.
Haha, I know. To be sure it wasn't just me ignoring the news, I searched on his name and found the exact same thing. The last real news was the cap over I-95 that he's sponsoring/supporting. But wtf cares about that compared to these other issues.

I hope MB1562 is right and he's a one-term wonder. He deserves it; especially since his ego is so big.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
That would be a good start. And remove the serious troublemakers from their schools.
Yes, troublemakers breed more troublemakers.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:47 PM

Former PHL17 staffer Colleen Campbell deserves to fade into obscurity after obscene rant

Not really crime news in the traditional sense, but wow, this escalated quickly. I was at Devil's Den a day or two before this incident and saw her for the first time bar-tending (I don't watch local news on tv). She was kind of strange, even a little rude to my friend. Crazy this happened a day or two later and she lost both jobs (DD and PHL17).

Quote:
It became a national story, and the online version went viral. The woman lost her jobs, became a public pariah, and retreated to an “undisclosed location” which is reachable only by Seal Team Six. Until they get there, she is recovering with the help of her family and an attorney.
Not exactly a retreat, given I saw her on Monday with her boyfriend (from the video) at another local establishment...haha.

Old 06-09-2017, 01:16 PM

12,001 posts, read 11,489,777 times
Quote:
Former PHL17 staffer Colleen Campbell deserves to fade into obscurity after obscene rant

Not really crime news in the traditional sense, but wow, this escalated quickly. I was at Devil's Den a day or two before this incident and saw her for the first time bar-tending (I don't watch local news on tv). She was kind of strange, even a little rude to my friend. Crazy this happened a day or two later and she lost both jobs (DD and PHL17).

Not exactly a retreat, given I saw her on Monday with her boyfriend (from the video) at another local establishment...haha.
Wow! I finally brought myself to watch it-what an embarrassing display.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Yes, troublemakers breed more troublemakers.
Crack down hard on the real bad asses and the decent kids "sitting on the fence" will fall in line.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:06 AM

Quote:

'HAHA' is right! I give her credit for being dedicated.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:09 AM

10,789 posts, read 6,861,223 times
Quote:
Haha, I know. To be sure it wasn't just me ignoring the news, I searched on his name and found the exact same thing. The last real news was the cap over I-95 that he's sponsoring/supporting. But wtf cares about that compared to these other issues.

I hope MB1562 is right and he's a one-term wonder. He deserves it; especially since his ego is so big.
Green didn't run again, partially, because city council was awful back then too. I remember him calling it the worse legislative body in the world. So you see a lot of stuff never changes.

If someone challenges Kenney in the 2019 primary it might Darrell Clarke!

Old 06-10-2017, 12:18 PM

Crazy lady cop:
http://6abc.com/news/philadelphia-co...g-gun/2078645/
I doubt she'll lose her job ... with such a strong union, even wackjobs like this stay on.

Crescentville:
http://6abc.com/news/3-men-stabbed-d...ville/2079596/
Hill Creek projects has done a number on that neighborhood the past forty years.

Hunting Park:
http://6abc.com/news/family-members-...ting-/2073797/
Whether the cop was right or wrong, I'm just happy this one's off the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia