Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2020, 05:52 AM

14,146 posts, read 9,038,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
So they refuse to admit that the spike in Covid 19 cases has ANYTHING to do with the protests and looting, but instead blame it on businesses opening up and people going to bars and restaurants. And the spike in homicides has nothing to do with the lawless track the city has taken under the Mayor, DA and police chief.
Instead of masks, maybe Philly residents need to wear helmets? And SEPTA needs to start buying hundreds of short buses for folks to ride on. They voted these stooges into office.
The uptick didn't occur until after the takeout bars and outdoor restaurants reopened, which was about two weeks after the violent protests and looting.

We should have seen spikes or clusters around the time the takeout bars and outdoor restaurants reopened if those events were the cause; two to three weeks seems to be the lag time between event and outbreak. Cases started tracking upward in the Sunbelt in mid-June, about two weeks after the Memorial Day weekend; we didn't see cases rise again here until the last week of the month — and thankfully, we're not seeing the "spikes" they're seeing down South and in California.

Old 08-04-2020, 03:53 AM

10,609 posts, read 12,115,646 times
Is crime up or down in the city?

Because I'm starting to really NOT want to go downtown...even the once a year that I do. Another child killed, a PPA worker stabbed.

What the hell??

Old 08-04-2020, 11:40 AM

1,697 posts, read 969,207 times
Actually, Philly just nabbed the not-so-coveted "2nd most murderous city among top 10 cities in the country" award. We are officially out of control with violent crime.

It seems that it's generally confined to warring drug gangs who are openly shooting each other. It looks like a movie when you see film - it's so shocking you can't believe that it's real.

Kenny and Chief Outlaw have to do something (she's been an unmitigated disaster). "Anything" would be a healthy uptick but this is outrageous and it's only a matter of time before these human scum realize that their violent crimes go unpunished and that innocent people will be targeted more and more.

Way to go, Philly. We're #2.

Old 08-04-2020, 05:13 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Actually, Philly just nabbed the not-so-coveted "2nd most murderous city among top 10 cities in the country" award. We are officially out of control with violent crime.

It seems that it's generally confined to warring drug gangs who are openly shooting each other. It looks like a movie when you see film - it's so shocking you can't believe that it's real.

Kenny and Chief Outlaw have to do something (she's been an unmitigated disaster). "Anything" would be a healthy uptick but this is outrageous and it's only a matter of time before these human scum realize that their violent crimes go unpunished and that innocent people will be targeted more and more.

The mayor is somewhere drunk and she is home watching TV so expect the crime to rise

Old 08-04-2020, 05:16 PM

I know he's on the opposite side of the political spectrum....but I can hear Kenny now, paraphrasing DT's campaign rhetoric...."We're going to win. We're going to win so much people are going to beg me to stop winning. They're going to say we're winning too much. We're going to win big league."

Old 08-04-2020, 06:47 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I know he's on the opposite side of the political spectrum....but I can hear Kenny now, paraphrasing DT's campaign rhetoric...."We're going to win. We're going to win so much people are going to beg me to stop winning. They're going to say we're winning too much. We're going to win big league."
Classic Kenney!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXbl1Snpi4o

Old 08-05-2020, 08:38 AM

1,697 posts, read 969,207 times
He's a good dude. We used to see him around Old City all the time and would buy him drinks. Very personable and nice.

He just can't seem to Mayor himself out of a wet paper bag.

He so utterly blew it with Outlaw, it's shocking. I'm not sure what the answer is, but this violent uptick isn't acceptible.

Old 08-05-2020, 07:47 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post

The " unmitigated disaster" was getting their under Richard Ross. Remember him? But, I agree, with you generally speaking.

It's still not as bad as the 90s which you know nothing about since you weren't here.

Old 08-05-2020, 07:55 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
The " unmitigated disaster" was getting their under Richard Ross. Remember him? But, I agree, with you generally speaking.

It's still not as bad as the 90s which you know nothing about since you weren't here.
I remember him being visible to the public unlike the current commissioner

Old 08-06-2020, 03:51 AM

Yeah Outlaw was the wrong choice. Period. Not even debatable. Her start has not been impressive. Well, it's been impressive all right...and it's been utterly disappointing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia