Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 10:20 AM

4,513 posts, read 4,040,229 times

Advertisements

Honestly I think some people just love to commute and couldn't image doing it any other way...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 12:00 PM

857 posts, read 1,364,900 times
Before moving back to NY for my new position in Manhattan..I did the commute from NE Philly to NY for two weeks..and Honestly it was piece of cake..but then again I'm someone who already lived in the far NE about 10mins away from the Torresdale stop for the Regional Rail. So the Commute every morning was about a 15 min ride from Torresdale to Trenton, then from Trenton Transit Center you switch over to the NJT NEC (Northeast Corridor line) and its a smooth ride, with a double decker train, air conditioning, nice leather seats for about 65-70 minutes (although it honestly feels less than that.) Drops you off right at Penn station (which is where Amtrak of course would also drop you off.)

I never took Amtrak..as its crazy expensive and for me personally it wouldn't have made sense, for me to leave the NE to go all the way down to CC to take Amtrak when the RR was right there. So I always advise people especially friends who live in NY and go to Philly often to take the NJT then switch over to the RR in Trenton. Its $15.50 from NYP to Trenton and then $4 from Trenton to Torresdale. So $19.50 sure beats $50. Although after two weeks of doing that everyday it does become quite costly, though cheaper than Amtrak. Even on some weekends when I come to Philly, I still take NJT to RR..its reliable, quick, cheaper than amtrak, faster than the bus for the most part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: