Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 09:31 AM

5 posts, read 14,338 times

Advertisements

I moved to silver spring, Md 3yrs ago from Trenton, NJ wanting to escape the crime and build my brand in the DMV..but nothing has gone right since day2 of living here &now I'm miserable...Its terribly expensive here..the people are NOT Friendly at all...and its tough finding a job...& the dating scene is zero....very competitive here...so I'm thinking bout moving to Northeast Philly..near neshaminy mall...near franklin mills mall or Roosevelt Blvd...I am a single female in my early 40's....was surprised at how much more affordable that area is then I expected & much much cheaper than Md.. so my question is how is that area to live...I'm looking to work on or near south street street where it's happening...I bartend at nite & would like to hopefully work in that area or old city...any advice would b great...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 10:30 AM

4,762 posts, read 3,257,291 times
My top 4 recommendations for the NE would be;
Fox Chase
Rhawnhurst
Parkwood
Somerton

Not to say there are not other decent areas, as there are.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:48 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,367,679 times
I'm from Baltimore, and have lived in various parts of the state. I wish you could have spoken with me before moving to Maryland, I would have told you, "it's not worth it!!!" I **** on my state/city because it's backwards!!

If it wasn't for the district (DC).....

People praise PG County as being the Black Beverly Hills...LOLOLOL??!! Please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbonniesnails View Post
I moved to silver spring, Md 3yrs ago from Trenton, NJ wanting to escape the crime and build my brand in the DMV..but nothing has gone right since day2 of living here &now I'm miserable...Its terribly expensive here..the people are NOT Friendly at all...and its tough finding a job...& the dating scene is zero....very competitive here...so I'm thinking bout moving to Northeast Philly..near neshaminy mall...near franklin mills mall or Roosevelt Blvd...I am a single female in my early 40's....was surprised at how much more affordable that area is then I expected & much much cheaper than Md.. so my question is how is that area to live...I'm looking to work on or near south street street where it's happening...I bartend at nite & would like to hopefully work in that area or old city...any advice would b great...

Old 07-25-2013, 11:49 AM

I'm thinking about moving to Philly myself. Love that city!!!!

Old 07-25-2013, 11:50 AM

What's up with Trenton, NJ? No room for growth?!

Quote:

Old 07-25-2013, 12:53 PM

640 posts, read 1,289,948 times
Quote:
Near Franklin Mills

Would be the Parkwood community. I think the franklin mills mall is on the eastern side of parkwood.

You should find affordable housing in the area.

Neshaminy Mall is bucks county i believe but not very far either.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:12 PM

221 posts, read 397,354 times
Depending on what your budget is, I'd check out Torresdale also if you're looking in the Northeast and considering buying a place. That puts you close to 95 if you're driving downtown for work and there's also a regional rail station with a parking lot if you would be taking public transportation.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:29 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,786,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimewitue View Post
Near Franklin Mills

Would be the Parkwood community. I think the franklin mills mall is on the eastern side of parkwood.

You should find affordable housing in the area.

Neshaminy Mall is bucks county i believe but not very far either.
One of my employees lives near the mall and he hates it. Cars are being broken into a lot.. He is looking to move to Bucks county as I write this... I would not go there. He tells me horror stories about that area

Old 07-25-2013, 05:32 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,513,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
One of my employees lives near the mall and he hates it. Cars are being broken into a lot.. He is looking to move to Bucks county as I write this... I would not go there. He tells me horror stories about that area
That is NOT a bad area! I'd avoid Lower Bucks ...

Old 07-25-2013, 10:35 PM

4,762 posts, read 3,257,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
That is NOT a bad area! I'd avoid Lower Bucks ...
Personally I would take Parkwood over most of Bensalem or Bristol Township, that's for sure. As far as Franklin Mills, my Asian wife drags me up there often becuase she like the Chinese Buffets (all 3). Then we hit the mall, she shops and I get coffee and sit at the food court and watch the people walk by. I find it very relaxing. I do talk to some of the security people there and they tell me on Friday and Saturday nights they are busy dealing with trouble makers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia