U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 05:43 PM

5,726 posts, read 10,580,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
Are the Regatta apartments In a bad area? I have a room mate situation with an old college friend looking to move closer to KOP for her work, and we would be splitting the apartment in half, she would take the larger portion and my rent would be about 700. This beats pretty much anything I could find in lansdale, plus being a runner, being next to the river trail would be wonderful. I do not plan on spending any time in norristown other than to drive through to consh or KOP where most of my social life would take place. I literally have no friends in the lansdale area. This would also be a short term thing ( a year or so) until my boyfriend moves down and we can relocate to a higher COL area.

I know norristown is seedy. However, is the outer area (where regatta is) acceptable? I also will leave for work around 6:45am or 7, so hopefully traffic wouldn't be awful.

I'll continue looking at other complexes, but honestly I'm bored to tears in lansdale. I'm also lonely without a room mate, I tend to sleep better with another person in the house. I'm having crap luck with finding normal people on Craigslist too.

I really appreciate the comments, they are helping me.

Please also keep in mind the reason I'm looking to relocate has a lot to do with the fact that my social life in this state needs to develop. I came here knowing absolutely nobody, and my work population is entirely 55+ or so males. The few females we have are in the same age group. It's not exactly a place I've had luck meeting people, and a lot of my meetup groups are out of KOP and norristown area. The ones I've found in lansdale are mostly
Single mom groups, retiree groups, married people, etc. the fact that i would have a room mate in my age range would also make it sweeter since she knows a lot
Of people.
As long as you're OK with driving for any kind of social contact (not too much in the way of walkable entertainment by the apartment complex), this is probably your best option, mainly because you'd be able to room with a friend on the cheap. Having a roommate is probably going to be the best way to make social contacts.

btw, you're not limited to meet-ups only in the town you live in. Look for broader Montco or Philadelphia groups.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia