Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 07:15 AM

283 posts, read 607,365 times

Advertisements

Fishtown is more fun, you'll just pay for it if you don't work in the city. Pay more to insure a car in the city, maybe pay for offstreet parking if you don't want a newer car destroyed, pay $1533 pre-tax in bridge tolls, etc. I'm sure Fishtown is fun, but I'm not sure how fun it is when you're blowing a lot of your paycheck on commuting costs and wage tax.

I'm assuming that a young single person isn't buying either, so property taxes are a non-issue. Also, PATCO is a 15 minute train ride to Center City, 24/7. It has 24/7 service to Center City that the El doesn't have. Is it a compromise? Yes. Is it cheaper once you need to keep a car and pay bridge tolls if you move to Philly? Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 07:38 PM

512 posts, read 1,018,462 times
Collingswood is for families. Gay and Straight. If you found a place to buy a drink in Collingswood you are either in a different town or breaking the law. BTW Westmont ( a section of Haddon Twp) has a bunch of strip mall bars with sad over 40 crowd.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:44 PM

9,340 posts, read 13,007,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinsj View Post
Collingswood is for families. Gay and Straight. If you found a place to buy a drink in Collingswood you are either in a different town or breaking the law. BTW Westmont ( a section of Haddon Twp) has a bunch of strip mall bars with sad over 40 crowd.
Westmont has some good younger-oriented bars and Collingswood definitely has a young, single presence as well--not huge--but certainly noticeable. I'm not extolling it as any kind of "ideal" but your negativity is reaching ridiculous lengths.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:10 AM

512 posts, read 1,018,462 times
Im not negative on Collingswood. I wish i grew up there but even if i did i would still not want to spend my 20's there.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:19 AM

9,340 posts, read 13,007,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinsj View Post
Im not negative on Collingswood. I wish i grew up there but even if i did i would still not want to spend my 20's there.
Ok, but enough people in that age group do live there to make it suitable for someone who's looking to avoid the wage tax but still wants easy access to somewhat of a scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia