U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 05:58 PM

8 posts, read 14,675 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information about a proposed housing development in Media Pa that a builder named McKee is working on? It is at the site of The Franklin Mint and will include condos, stores, banks, restuarants, hotel and office space. Please share with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 01:58 PM

434 posts, read 1,153,281 times
That is Middletown township (though "Media" by zip code 19063). Google "Middletown" and "Franklin Mint" and you'll have an hours worth of material to read. The Delco Times has followed the project. I'm not sure the current status, but there's plenty of background to be found!

The project was (is?) pretty controversial. Some within the community questioned the need to turn their little village into an area where development was welcome, particularly with the Granite Run Mall sitting in disarray nearby. Some considered it just normal progress, and something that would be welcomed to boost the community.

Home
Scaled-down Franklin Mint plan gets zoning OK in Middletown - delcotimes.com
Middletown Township*

Old 07-30-2013, 02:02 PM

8 posts, read 14,675 times
Philly so there is nothing being built there I guess. I did read that article fom January and wanted to know if anything was happening. Sounds like its not going anywhere in the near future.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:45 PM

364 posts, read 620,028 times
Most of the Mint is already occupied anyway. The Wawa test kitchen and advertising/creative divisions have moved there.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:10 PM

4,910 posts, read 12,774,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTarta View Post
Does anyone have any information about a proposed housing development in Media Pa that a builder named McKee is working on? It is at the site of The Franklin Mint and will include condos, stores, banks, restuarants, hotel and office space. Please share with me.
Nimby Nirvana out there. Don't expect any progress here in your lifetime.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,465 times
I recently moved to Coventry apartments which I find to be a beautifully designed complex. Now that it is decades old, there are plenty of trees and planted shrubs that provide enough variety to welcome birds and butterflies. I find this to be missing in the newer high rise condo next to us that is behind the WaWa (next to the old Crier in the County house). I see deer misplaced and hiding in woods no wider that 20 feet next to our parking lot facing this condo unit. Not only is this
overpriced unit planning not considerate of basic decency for wildlife existance, the condos themselves are an ugly and elementary design. This was a slapshot cheap fast build project for a fast dollar that now blights Middletown forever.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 09-07-2013 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: removed e-mail. We want people posting here! ;)

Old 09-07-2013, 11:20 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,753,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndipat View Post
I recently moved to Coventry apartments which I find to be a beautifully designed complex. Now that it is decades old, there are plenty of trees and planted shrubs that provide enough variety to welcome birds and butterflies. I find this to be missing in the newer high rise condo next to us that is behind the WaWa (next to the old Crier in the County house). I see deer misplaced and hiding in woods no wider that 20 feet next to our parking lot facing this condo unit. Not only is this
overpriced unit planning not considerate of basic decency for wildlife existance, the condos themselves are an ugly and elementary design. This was a slapshot cheap fast build project for a fast dollar that now blights Middletown forever.
Delaware County doesn't care a fig for wildlife; UTTERLY DISGUSTING!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia