U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-16-2013, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Punta Gorda
318 posts, read 506,803 times
Reputation: 949

Advertisements

Kensington and Somerset area is still the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-18-2013, 08:25 AM
 
177 posts, read 306,228 times
Reputation: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnote11 View Post
I apparently haven't been around long enough to understand what is going on in this thread.
Certain people on this site resort to catty personal attacks when they can't refute what somebody says. That's what's really sad, along with the fact that they have this idea in their heads that they could "embarrass" anybody.

Apparently they can't accept that the state of journalism today is absolutely sorry but I honestly don't care because it's not something you can argue against, no matter how hard they try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2013, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia
1,041 posts, read 1,281,018 times
Reputation: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1oozne View Post
Certain people on this site resort to catty personal attacks when they can't refute what somebody says. That's what's really sad, along with the fact that they have this idea in their heads that they could "embarrass" anybody.

Apparently they can't accept that the state of journalism today is absolutely sorry but I honestly don't care because it's not something you can argue against, no matter how hard they try.
A story doesn't have to be "in-depth" to be considered "good." Focusing in on one aspect of whatever can be interesting, also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2013, 05:29 PM
 
177 posts, read 306,228 times
Reputation: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
A story doesn't have to be "in-depth" to be considered "good." Focusing in on one aspect of whatever can be interesting, also.
Thanks for yet again misconstruing and twisting what I said in order to respond to everything but what I actually said but the fact is that it is not possible to argue that the state of journalism is not an absolute joke these days. Stop using words you hear on the news and learn what actual journalism is before you try to lecture me on it.

It doesn't matter what anybody considers good, bad, or in between. It matters what is actual journalism and that is it. It's not about your opinion. It's about ethics and standards and the lack of both among today's "journalists".

For the last time, they were not "focusing on one aspect". They were presenting an incomplete, biased story in order to reinforce a theme they were trying to push.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2013, 08:06 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia
1,041 posts, read 1,281,018 times
Reputation: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1oozne View Post
Thanks for yet again misconstruing and twisting what I said in order to respond to everything but what I actually said but the fact is that it is not possible to argue that the state of journalism is not an absolute joke these days. Stop using words you hear on the news and learn what actual journalism is before you try to lecture me on it.

It doesn't matter what anybody considers good, bad, or in between. It matters what is actual journalism and that is it. It's not about your opinion. It's about ethics and standards and the lack of both among today's "journalists".

For the last time, they were not "focusing on one aspect". They were presenting an incomplete, biased story in order to reinforce a theme they were trying to push.
You're entitled to your opinon, I suppose, but they were simply focusing on junkies in Kensington and the lives they're leading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top