Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 10:59 AM

96 posts, read 252,325 times

Advertisements

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...e3da37ea&msa=0

Caution: The Map is not finished thoroughly through Philly yet! Tell me what you think of it so far. West Philly, Center City and South Philly done.

The neighborhoods of Philadelphia, I currently live in Philadelphia and been here my whole life, just trying to let people know a heads up...

Based on VIOLENT CRIMES & Murders by Neighborhood
-----------------------------------------
Red - Very Dangerous, Watch your back if you on Foot!!!

Orange - Dangerous, Take caution... Take major roads and you'll be okay.

Yellow - Crime makes it seem dangerous but I know it's just random crime (like crime at night time, not really too grimy) so just take caution when going in it. (Aka. Don't do nothing stupid, Ex. Talk Trash, Hit Random People)

Green - Safe, Have fun in these areas. (Even at Night Time)

ALSO: Overbrook, I separated it into three parts: Central Overbrook, Overbrook Park and Overbrook Farms, some parts has gotten a little crime as of lately... South Philadelphia West is separated by the Girard Estates, "South of W Passyunk / North of W Oregon Ave" and the plain South Philadelphia West.

Last edited by rofl33cat; 08-15-2013 at 11:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 11:21 AM

744 posts, read 774,507 times
Are you just constantly scared? Bella Vista, Passyunk Square,East Passyunk Crossing are not dangerous neighborhoods by City standards and should not be orange. Girard Estates is not dangerous and you have it red? You have the ritzy new townhouses by the stadiums as red? Have you ever been to south philly? Easily the worst Philly safety map attempt I have seen so far.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:28 AM

259 posts, read 368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl33cat View Post
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...e3da37ea&msa=0

Caution: The Map is not finished thoroughly through Philly yet! Tell me what you think of it so far. West Philly, Center City and South Philly done.
No data for Northeast Philly yet?

Who is the intended audience of this map? SpotCrime.com provides a similar service.

Also re: this description about Cobbs Creek:
Quote:
Very dangerous, High crime area, bad schools, full of blacks and everything you could think of. Gang wars (On Market Street, 60st Street Gang, 56st Street Gang, 52nd Street Drug market At Night)
Was it really necessary to include that part?

Old 08-15-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansastoSouthphilly View Post
Are you just constantly scared? Bella Vista, Passyunk Square,East Passyunk Crossing are not dangerous neighborhoods by City standards and should not be orange. Girard Estates is not dangerous and you have it red? You have the ritzy new townhouses by the stadiums as red? Have you ever been to south philly? Easily the worst Philly safety map attempt I have seen so far.
I go by NEIGHBORHOOD.... Look at the murders! 6 Murders in Bella Vista/Southwark, I just go by facts Also Bella Vista/Southwark got the same amount of murders and similar square miles of Point Breeze so don't blame me, trying to keep people safe

Plus I'm still doing the maps , so it's going to change

I just set the neighborhood to Yellow, for random crime that make a place look worst than it is, and changed the Estates, yes, I know, but it is by neighborhood and I'm going to separate it.

Last edited by rofl33cat; 08-15-2013 at 11:53 AM..

Old 08-15-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryanise View Post
No data for Northeast Philly yet?

Who is the intended audience of this map? SpotCrime.com provides a similar service.

Also re: this description about Cobbs Creek:
Was it really necessary to include that part?
I'm black by the way but I should take that out, people probably think I'm a white racist bigot or something, gonna change that.

I'm about to do northeast philly later on today.

Last edited by rofl33cat; 08-15-2013 at 11:56 AM..

Old 01-31-2014, 04:39 PM

52 posts, read 251,821 times
A friend of mine told me that Haddington/Dunlap/Cobbs Creek are dangerous. Are they the most dangerous neighborhoods in West Philly.

Also is Allegheny West/ Hunting Park/Swampoodle/ Strawberry Mansion/ St Hugh/ Hartranft/ Fairhill/ West Kensington/ Frankford/ East Germantown/ North Central/ really bad

And is Wilson Park, Girard Estates, Grays Ferry and Point Breeze that bad.

And what are the dangerous parts of SW Philly somebody told me Kingsessing. Is that the only dangerous part of SW Philly to avoid. Is the rest safe?

Old 01-31-2014, 04:42 PM

Also how Clearview SW Philly, paschal SW Philly and Elmwood are they safe? sorry to bother you a friend of mine from SW were arguing whether or not area is safe.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:50 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,686,635 times
South Philly and West Philly are REALLY off.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:36 PM

182 posts, read 376,957 times
Okay, so I can help you since I am familiar with the area you're trying to capture.

Here's a map I made of NE Philly:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...39624,0.084543

Old 02-03-2014, 05:08 PM

Philadelphia is a really nice city yet unfortunately like many other cities across the United States it has a really bad crime problem. Crime happens everywhere and nobody is immune to becoming a victim of crime regardless of the neighborhood in which one lives within the city of Philadelphia. However there are certain areas of Philadelphia that suffer from high rates of gun violence and crime. These areas should be given the respect they deserve and people should not just go venturing into these communities because if they do they are putting themselves out there as potential victims of crime. Just avoid the neighborhoods with high incidents of violent crime and violence and you should be alright. Just dont be stupid and flash fancy jewelry or have lots of money on your person. Also dont look nervous and confused this will attract predators. Stay within the tourist parts of Philly and you should be fine.
Someone is welcome to correct me if im wrong but I think these are the high crime dangerous areas to avoid in Philly
Allegeny West which boundaries are located on the east bank of the Schulykill River from Allegheny to Glenwood Avenues, to railroad tracks.
Carroll Park- Area of West Philly between Lansdowne and Girard Avenues, from 52nd to 63rd streets.
Cobss Creek- Vicinity of Cobbs Creek Park from Baltimore Avenue to Market Street.
East Germantown- Germantown Avenue to Stenton Avenue in the vicinity of Chelten Avenue and Wister Street.
Elmwood- Neighborhood in Southwest Philly North of Eastwick, below Woodland Avenue
Fairhill- Front to 10th streets, Cumberland to Allegheny Avenue.
Frankford- West of Bridesburg and Wissinoming, east of Roosevelt Boulevard
Franklinville-Vicinity of Erie Avenue to Westmoreland Street, between Broad Street and Sedgley Avenue.
Franklinville- Vicinity of of 3rd and Butler Streets.
Germantown-RDA- Bounded on the north by Septas R7 Railroad line, on the northwest by Sedgwick Street, on the west of SEPTAs R8 railroad line, on the southwest by Rittenhouse Street, and Wissahickon Avenue on the south by Hansberry & Green Streets, on the Southeast by Berkley Street, Germantown Avenue and Septas R7 railroad line, and on the east by Wister, Belfield, Magnolia, and church streets.
Gillietown-Vicinity of 27th & Dauphin Streets.
Glenwood- Viciinity of North Philadelphia Station to York Street
Grays Ferry-Bounded by Washington AVenue, Grays Ferry Avenue, Peltz Street, Schuylkill River, Reed Street, 34th Street, Tasker Street 32nd Street and the rear property lines of the houses on the south side of Tasker, 31st Tasker, 29th Morris, 25th Tasker, Taylor , Reed and 25th Streets.
Haddington- West Philadelphia neighborhood bounded by Haverford Avenue, Girard Avenue, 52nd Street, Market Street and 63rd Street.
Harrowgate- Vicinity of Venango Street and Kensington Avenue between Kensington and Frankford. Named after a 1780s Helath resort.
Hartranft- Lehigh Avenue to Diamond Street, Broad to Fairhill Streets
Heartsville- Vicinity of Frankford Avenue and Heart (now Hart Lane), above Somerset Street.
Hunting Park- South of Roosevelt Boulevard, east of Germantown Avenue north of SEPTA's R7 railroad line.
Juniata Park- AKA Juniata, South of Frankford Creek at Hunting Park and north of Septas R7 Railroad line between Feltonville and Richmond.
Kingsessing- Most violent neighborhood in Southwest Philadelphia. South of railroad tracks and Baltimore Avenue to Woodland Avenue, west to Cobbs Creek.
Kings Village-AKA Kings Village. Between Point Breeze and Grays Ferry
Lehigh RDA- Bounded by Lehigh AVe, 5th Street, Susquehanna Ave and Broad Street.
Lindley Village- located at 7th street and Lindley Ave
Logan - Above Roosevelt Boulevard south of Olney Ave
Lower Tioga- Bounded by Broad Street, Westmoreland Street and the railroad.
Morrisville- Aka Morris City. Vicinity of Callowhill Street between 22nd and 25th Streets also in the vicinity of Kelly (East River) Drive near Girard AVe.
Morton RDA- Bounded by Germantown Ave, High Street, Belfield Ave, Musgrave Street, Septas R7 railroad line and Chelten Ave
Mount Moriah-Southwest Philly neighborhood East of Cobbs Creek in the vicinity of Kingsessing Avenue.
Mill Creek- North of Haverford Ave South of Girard Ave, 45th to 52nd Streets. Bounded by Girard Ave, Belmont Ave, Haverford Ave and 52nd Street. Enlarged in 1962 to include 52nd Street Wyalusing Ave 53rd Street and Girard Avenue.
North Penn Village- Vicinity of Susquehanna Ave between 25th and 3oth Street
Oakdale Vicinity- Park at 12th and Huntingdon Streets near Lehigh and Germantown Ave
Olney- Vicinity of 5th and Chew Streets west of railroad tracks to Fox Chase and east of Melrose park.
Ontario- Bounded by Venango street, Germantown Ave, Allegheny Ave and 15th Street
Oxford Circle-North of traffic circle where Roosevelt Blvd and cheltenham, Oxford and Castor Ave instersect
Paschall -Vicinity of Cobbs Creek Park and Chester Avenue.
Passyunk Homes Vicinity of 26th Street and Penrose Avenue. Bounded by 21st, Bainbridge, 22nd and Pemberton Streets
Point Breeze- East of Schuylkill River, north of Passyunk Avenue, south of Grays Ferry Avenue.
Poplar (R.D.A.) Bounded by Girard Avenue, Broad Street, 5th Street, and Spring Garden Street. Enlarged to include 8th Street, Girard Avenue, Franklin Street and Thompson Street.
Queen Village Below South Street, along Delaware River to the vicinity of 8th and Carpenter Streets. up and coming and gentrifying though.
Schuylkill River Park (R.D.A.) Bounded by Arch Street, 23rd Street, Chestnut Street, 22nd Street, Walnut Street, 23rd Street, South Street and Schuylkill River
Southbrook Park Vicinity of 28th Street, New Hope Street and Vare Avenue.
Southwest Central (R.D.A.) Bounded by Pine Street, Broad Street, Washington Avenue, Grays Ferry Avenue, 34th Street and Schuylkill River. Enlarged to include Grays Ferry Avenue, Washington Avenue, 24th, Oakford, Taylor, Morris, 29th, Tasker, and 31st Streets, and the rear property lines of Tasker, 32nd, and Tasker Streets, and 34th Street, Reed Street, the Schuylkill River and 34th Street
Southwest Philadelphia Schuylkill River west to the city limits, below Baltimore Avenue.
Stanton- Between Strawberry Mansion and Broad Street.Mansion East side of Schuylkill River and Fairmount Park, at 33rd and Diamond Streets. Named for 18th century mansion.
Strawberry Mansion (R.D.A.) Bounded by Lehigh Avenue, 29th Street, York Street, Amtrak, 33rd Street and Ridge Avenue
Summerdale East of Crescentville, between Roosevelt Boulevard, Langdon Street, and Oxford Avenue.
Swampoodle Junction of three railroad lines in the vicinity of Lehigh Avenue and 22nd Streets.
Taney From Pine to Bainbridge Streets, 25th Street west to Schuylkill River.
Temple (R.D.A.) Bounded by Susquehanna Avenue, 5th Street, Girard Avenue and Broad Street, enlarged to include Broad Street, 16th Street, Columbia (Cecil B. Moore) Avenue and Susquehanna Avenue, and also 5th Street, Germantown Avenue and Girard Avenue.
Tioga North of Allegheny Avenue at Broad Street, in the vicinity of Tioga Street.

West Kensington Also known as Coopersville. Vicinity of Amtrak roadbed along American Street, between Front and 3rd Streets.
Westminster North of 52nd Street and Westminster Avenue.
West Oak Lane Stenton Avenue to Cheltenham Avenue, Broad Street towards Ivy Hill. Named by real estate developers.
Wister Bounded by Germantown Avenue, Belfield Avenue, Wister Street, and Chelten Avenue.
Wyoming Villa Vicinity of D Street and Wyoming Avenue.
Yorktown North of Poplar, west of Ludlow.

Are all of these areas dangerous on another site told me that these are the neighborhoods in Philly that you have to keep aware of your surroundings due to high crime and violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia