U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 10:47 AM

8,048 posts, read 18,469,927 times

Advertisements

Returning to the original topic of illegal dirtbike use in the city will maximize the life of this thread and minimize infractions.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:21 PM

574 posts, read 1,702,177 times
^Amen to Tone509.

As a new resident I see that Philly is more of an "outside the rules" town. Alot of infractions go on that would be not tolerated in other cities.

For example, in Logan Square there is a sign in the pool that says "No Swimming." But everytime I go there on the weekends there are kids in the pool, and their parents are right there watching them.

Anybody know whats up with that?

Old 08-25-2013, 04:47 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,281,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggs1 View Post
^Amen to Tone509.

As a new resident I see that Philly is more of an "outside the rules" town. Alot of infractions go on that would be not tolerated in other cities.

For example, in Logan Square there is a sign in the pool that says "No Swimming." But everytime I go there on the weekends there are kids in the pool, and their parents are right there watching them.

Anybody know whats up with that?
There's a "hands off" policy for a segment of our population so that they don't get upset.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:29 PM

574 posts, read 1,702,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
There's a "hands off" policy for a segment of our population so that they don't get upset.
Who is the segment of the population that let their kids swim in the pool?

I mean the sign is right there in the pool!

And I can only assume by "segment of the population", you mean black people.

Are people scared they are going to riot or something?

To note, I see everybody swimming in the pool, white, black, puerto rican, etc

Old 08-25-2013, 05:36 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,281,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggs1 View Post
Who is the segment of the population that let their kids swim in the pool?

I mean the sign is right there in the pool!

And I can only assume by "segment of the population", you mean black people.

Are people scared they are going to riot or something?

To note, I see everybody swimming in the pool, white, black, puerto rican, etc
The low-class and arrogant ... But, yeah, mostly black and Hispanic.

I should lump the white skateboarders and BMXers in there, too.

It also has a lot to do with some cops not wanting to do their job.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:31 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,275,936 times
I can't stress this enough you guys: please please please if you know where these bikes are being stored inform the police. Have your neighbors call as well, and keep on it until there is action. I know people on here like to whine and moan and blame poor people but if you actually want to help please be involved and try and get these things off the street. The police are allowed to confiscate bikes, and since these are almost always stolen and without registration they will have them removed. I believe the policy is to now destroy the vehicles after seizure as well, so this will go a way towards stopping this behavior. It won't improve unless a lot of people get on board and through action show we want change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or