Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 10:20 AM

364 posts, read 732,881 times

Advertisements

Kids just don't think about what's going to happen when they lose their balance and fall on their head at 35 MPH. Some of those jokers drop back to two wheels just a split second before falling over.

I also never understood the appeal of riding monstrous sport bikes very slowly in a big pack of other idiots, or screaming down the highway in a straight line. I'd like to see the Das Busa squids on a track or in the French Creek twisties.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:45 PM

572 posts, read 1,870,964 times
Its just a part of what Philly is. People ask why the police dont do anything; im guessing they grew up in Philly and seen this as kids, so they dont see nothing wrong with it.

But im just guessing; im a new resident. Can someone tell me how long this dirt bike culture has been going on?

Old 08-23-2013, 07:11 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,652,988 times
I grew up in Philly and we did not do this as kids.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:58 PM

96 posts, read 252,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofthematrix View Post
Poppin' wheelies eating stop signs and lights... and doing stupid things all over the streets even passing by cops yet they do nothing.....some of these kids are as young as 12 and 13......
Im from west philly haddington 58th & market, and Uh... It's because people that do dirt bike are 50/50 chance, younger than 18 years old and the city can get in trouble for hitting a non-adult so yeah... there we go... Plus it's hard to catch them on a dirt bike, that can go on a side walk... through alleys... past cars on a busy street, etc.

Imo tho, they do sell crack or do some crime to get the dirt bike, most of the time, but it's better that they got the bike then them just selling crack or robbing 24/7... Most people on dirtbikes usually have accidents, and they have no helmet on so they can crack they head on the street and that's usually how it ends...

Old 08-24-2013, 08:07 AM

353 posts, read 814,394 times
lol

Old 08-24-2013, 08:18 AM

2,471 posts, read 4,018,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofthematrix View Post
Poppin' wheelies eating stop signs and lights... and doing stupid things all over the streets even passing by cops yet they do nothing.....some of these kids are as young as 12 and 13......
What possible positive outcome could come from cops chasing little kids through the streets and alley of Philadelphia at high speeds? Is there really any chance they stop the kids without hurting them? And honestly just getting the kid hurt is the best case scenario, think of how dangerous the scenario would be for innocent bystanders that could get caught up in such a dangerous chase.

Growing up I heard of cops confiscating the bikes while they were at home, but if they're on them riding them in the street what is a cop to do? Engaging them and chasing them is just plain stupid.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:38 PM

469 posts, read 925,337 times
The same reason I had my posts deleted awhile back on crimes that were committed in North Philly. I was told that it's an area that people don't care about(I still shake my head on that one).Some people just don't care about what happens to the poor. Not to long ago ,a kid was hit by a nut on a dirtbike.Thank God he wasn't seriously hurt. It's just a matter of time before they do kill someone.North Philly is next to Old City and they enjoy wheeling down 2nd street. If they hit someone near 2nd and Girard and kill them.Something will be done and I will be able to post about it .

Old 08-24-2013, 03:22 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,045,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin19119 View Post
Some people just don't care about what happens to the poor.
I don't care what the poor do to the poor any more than I care about the price of tea in china. Being poor is less a matter of circumstance as it is a matter of personality and the choices they willingly make. The only thing that bugs me is the same mentality that keeps the poor poor is also the same that keeps middle class middle class and rich rich. In particular, I find it disgusting that the middle class look down on the poor despite they are blindly victim to the same mechanism which keeps them from being rich.

Old 08-24-2013, 03:33 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,018,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
I don't care what the poor do to the poor any more than I care about the price of tea in china. Being poor is less a matter of circumstance as it is a matter of personality and the choices they willingly make. The only thing that bugs me is the same mentality that keeps the poor poor is also the same that keeps middle class middle class and rich rich. In particular, I find it disgusting that the middle class look down on the poor despite they are blindly victim to the same mechanism which keeps them from being rich.
anyone who thinks being poor is a matter of personal choice is categorically a moron.

Old 08-24-2013, 03:33 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,045,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
What possible positive outcome could come from cops chasing little kids through the streets and alley of Philadelphia at high speeds? Is there really any chance they stop the kids without hurting them? And honestly just getting the kid hurt is the best case scenario, think of how dangerous the scenario would be for innocent bystanders that could get caught up in such a dangerous chase.

Growing up I heard of cops confiscating the bikes while they were at home, but if they're on them riding them in the street what is a cop to do? Engaging them and chasing them is just plain stupid.
Yet I'm sure in many other parts of the US the cop would just open fire and kill bystanders if needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia