U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 02:09 PM

85 posts, read 154,749 times

Advertisements

I moved to Philly this past weekend to the Rittenhouse Square area. I was given a ticket this morning for parking in a retail spot overnight (I didn't see the sign that said it was for delivery trucks every morning from 6am on, only the 2 hours 8-10am). I registered in PA today and received a new license and plates. Can I get away with not paying the ticket since I no longer have my out of state plates, or will the ticket transfer to my new registration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 03:01 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,122,943 times
Same thing happened to me in Philly when I had out of state plates and they eventually found me after I got the new plate. It did take a few months though before they found me. Out of all the places I have lived Philly is the best at ticketing and finding those who do not pay their tickets.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:31 PM

1,616 posts, read 3,321,308 times
It will just delay it. You may or may not have to pay late fees. Or you can wait to get towed and have a chance of being on A&E's "Parking Wars"

Old 09-04-2013, 10:15 AM

4,177 posts, read 9,638,963 times
First of all, you were lucky that they didn't tow you. Those truck delivery parking area are places the PPA like to tow cars.

If I were you, pay the ticket even if you got rid of the plate. In the electronic age, it will come back and get you. The problem is that by the time they do get you, there are penalty. Just a word of caution, those unpaid ticket will go into your credit report.

PPA is very good with getting their money.. one way or another. You are from different states so it may be different but PPA get your based on registration, not plate. People used to jump from plate to plate when they get too many parking tickets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia