Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 09:14 AM

19 posts, read 24,722 times

Advertisements

Hello there, I was wondering if anyone could lend me some advice. I am moving to the outskirts of NE Philly in a few months, but my mother and I are closing on a town home in a week together. The builders said we need to call and connect the water, gas, sewer by the closing date which is the 21st. My mom and grandma are both on SSD/SSI and I will be the only one working. The home we currently live in, in Florida, when my father passed my mother tried to put the Water bill on my name in addition to hers to help build up my credit, the company said they couldn't change it. We would have to disconnect than connect.

My family that is in Philly says that their is a discount for elderly for about $65.00 a year, which isn't much, but still something. So, I was wondering if anyone knows if it would be a better idea to put it in just my name, or my mothers, or both. Sometimes when you get benefits they ask if you pay for certain utilities, and such. Again, I am being told once you put the utilities in a name you can't change it unless you cancel services and reconnect.

I hope nothing happens to my mother but if we just put it in her name, I know that might be an issue, but not sure if it's better to put it in my name. Any tips or advice would be appreciated, thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia