U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-10-2013, 10:27 AM
 
85 posts, read 154,772 times
Reputation: 35

Advertisements

This past Sunday was my first Eagles game. I heard old guys on the subway home talking about it as "one for the ages" and one of the best games they've seen in a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-10-2013, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Vineland, NJ
8,520 posts, read 10,848,867 times
Reputation: 5443
Quote:
Originally Posted by conando View Post
This past Sunday was my first Eagles game. I heard old guys on the subway home talking about it as "one for the ages" and one of the best games they've seen in a long time.
It was a good game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 01:02 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista
2,472 posts, read 3,486,213 times
Reputation: 2202
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
so glad that Vick is on his way out.
Why?

He's been nothing but an excellent teammate his entire time here. He's said all of the right things. He's worked hard and he's had some great games here.

He also continues to do tons of work within the community. Sure, you can argue he just wants to rehab his image so he gets sponsorship deals and make money, but the fact is he does it. Most NFL players can't even put on the facade of being a good person. Act or not, Vick has now been an upstanding citizen longer than most players on the eagles have been out of high school. It's an awful long time to put on an "act."

Plus if the 2013 Eagles make some noise in the playoffs Vick will have definitely played a role in that achievement. I'm totally convinced that were it not for Vick's outspoken support of Riley Cooper this summer he would not be on the team right now helping us win games.

Vick also handled the demotion to second string with the ultimate grace and dignity. Just look him on the sideline, he's always pumping people up and cheering Foles on and when Foles is on the sideline he's often next to Vick talking to him. If he instead acted like McNabb or Favre, complaining about not starting and disrespecting Foles and creating a media circus, I really don't think we have the success that we have had. Foles himself gives a lot of credit to Vick as far as how much he's learned and how well he's playing now.

The way Vick plays, his age, his body type, I just don't think he's suited to be a number 1 QB in this league, It's sad because he's such an amazing talent, but that's just the way it is. I do however think he is the best backup QB in the entire league. If Foles goes down for two games next year, who do you want coming in? Matt Barkley or Mike Vick? If healthy, Vick is still capable of taking over a game and absolutely dominating it, he's done so as recently as this year. He may not be able to hold up over a full season, but for a game here and there? He can be amazing.

So I while I hope he finds a starting job this offseason, selfishly I sort of hope he can't and is brought back in as our backup QB. He's a stand up guy and I love cheering for him.

Definitely don't hope to cheer for him again this season though! We need Foles healthy, I'm really excited, I think with our offense playing like this and our D stepping up to respectability we could really make some noise in a weak NFC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 02:18 PM
 
Location: back in Philadelphia!
3,260 posts, read 4,877,400 times
Reputation: 2051
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
Why?

He's been nothing but an excellent teammate his entire time here. He's said all of the right things. He's worked hard and he's had some great games here.

He also continues to do tons of work within the community. Sure, you can argue he just wants to rehab his image so he gets sponsorship deals and make money, but the fact is he does it. Most NFL players can't even put on the facade of being a good person. Act or not, Vick has now been an upstanding citizen longer than most players on the eagles have been out of high school. It's an awful long time to put on an "act."

Plus if the 2013 Eagles make some noise in the playoffs Vick will have definitely played a role in that achievement. I'm totally convinced that were it not for Vick's outspoken support of Riley Cooper this summer he would not be on the team right now helping us win games.

Vick also handled the demotion to second string with the ultimate grace and dignity. Just look him on the sideline, he's always pumping people up and cheering Foles on and when Foles is on the sideline he's often next to Vick talking to him. If he instead acted like McNabb or Favre, complaining about not starting and disrespecting Foles and creating a media circus, I really don't think we have the success that we have had. Foles himself gives a lot of credit to Vick as far as how much he's learned and how well he's playing now.

The way Vick plays, his age, his body type, I just don't think he's suited to be a number 1 QB in this league, It's sad because he's such an amazing talent, but that's just the way it is. I do however think he is the best backup QB in the entire league. If Foles goes down for two games next year, who do you want coming in? Matt Barkley or Mike Vick? If healthy, Vick is still capable of taking over a game and absolutely dominating it, he's done so as recently as this year. He may not be able to hold up over a full season, but for a game here and there? He can be amazing.

So I while I hope he finds a starting job this offseason, selfishly I sort of hope he can't and is brought back in as our backup QB. He's a stand up guy and I love cheering for him.

Definitely don't hope to cheer for him again this season though! We need Foles healthy, I'm really excited, I think with our offense playing like this and our D stepping up to respectability we could really make some noise in a weak NFC.
Hey, no straw man arguments!
I don't want to drag a dead horse into this otherwise fine thread, so I will just point you to my posting history if you really want to know the specifics of my feelings on the matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 02:22 PM
 
Location: back in Philadelphia!
3,260 posts, read 4,877,400 times
Reputation: 2051
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
they'll be back. 10-6. Book it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin19119 View Post
I will bet you a case of beer on that record.
gonna be close!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 03:53 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista
2,472 posts, read 3,486,213 times
Reputation: 2202
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
Hey, no straw man arguments!
I don't want to drag a dead horse into this otherwise fine thread, so I will just point you to my posting history if you really want to know the specifics of my feelings on the matter.
No straw man argument. You said you couldn't wait til he was gone. I disagreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 03:59 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
8,702 posts, read 12,373,638 times
Reputation: 3593
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
gonna be close!
I'm guessing 11-5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Vineland, NJ
8,520 posts, read 10,848,867 times
Reputation: 5443
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
Hey, no straw man arguments!
I don't want to drag a dead horse into this otherwise fine thread, so I will just point you to my posting history if you really want to know the specifics of my feelings on the matter.
I'm sure you not a Giants fan at heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 04:02 PM
 
Location: Vineland, NJ
8,520 posts, read 10,848,867 times
Reputation: 5443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
I'm guessing 11-5.
That would be sweet. Do you think they can make any noise in the playoffs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 04:13 PM
 
Location: back in Philadelphia!
3,260 posts, read 4,877,400 times
Reputation: 2051
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
No straw man argument. You said you couldn't wait til he was gone. I disagreed.
The straw man was either the guy who made all of the points you were countering in your lengthy post, or the guy you expected to come in and reply to argue with the points in your post.

Because you can't actually "disagree" with me not being able to wait 'til he's gone. Which was the only thing I said.

If you like Vick, good for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top