U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 01:05 PM

802 posts, read 1,139,500 times

Advertisements

I don't hold at much hope that the Harrisburg bunch, who despise Philadelphia (SEPTA) and Pittsburgh (PAT) with a passion, will do much to help. Corbett keeps kicking the transit issue down the road too. I guess they don't realize that the residents who live in the two cities work and pay taxes. Those state taxes pay for roads and highways in rural Pennsylvania, not to mention the money Pennsylvania receives from tourism.

SEPTA Warns of Cascading Cutbacks as State Funding Runs Out « CBS Philly

Septa says it needs $6.5 billion over the next ten years to improve crumbling railroad bridges, outdated rail cars, and substations that are 80 years old.

General manager Joseph Casey told the state legislature’s Transportation Committee that drastic cuts in service would be the result of years of underfunding. Septa spokeswoman Jerri Williams tells KYW Newsradio that if the state can’t come up with that money, drastic measures will need to be taken:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 01:27 PM

8,520 posts, read 10,851,006 times
If Gov. Corbett doesn't step up and address this transit issue by the end of the year, he can basically kiss any chance he has of being elected again for a 2nd term. People in Southeastern PA will not forget these incidents when it comes time to vote in the ballot box in the next Gubernatorial race. Gov. Corbett can do a lot more than just throw a bone to SEPTA. SEPTA deserves to be funded just like other large transit systems like MTA, LACMTA, and CTA.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:32 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,487,341 times
Time for Philadelphia to secede! I'm tired of morons in Harrisburg stealing my money to build roads in the middle of nowhere that no one will use.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:59 PM

802 posts, read 1,139,500 times
Corbett has got to go. He has to be one of the worst governors of Pennsylvania.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:44 PM

2,065 posts, read 4,291,602 times
Tragic if any of this happens.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:41 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,306 posts, read 2,290,450 times
Default SEPTA Could Eliminate Nine Lines per METRO News

I went to work this morning as usual and found this article on METRO.
This is really bad.

Ever since I moved from Miami to PA and then Philly 3 years ago, SEPTA had provided me awesome and extensive mean of transportation; which include my daily commute to work in the burb and frequent travel to the airport.
I spent only about $30 on gas per 2 - 3 months for my car! I heard that there is a lot of corruption going on under SEPTA!
Anyway, I hope they wont close any lines! In fact, I got excited already that they are going to extend line to KOP Mall and Main Line.

SEPTA could eliminate nine lines under doomsday plan Metro.us

Old 09-13-2013, 08:14 AM

299 posts, read 801,914 times
oh great...watch the SEPTA workers have their annual strike because their incredible benefits package (that's better than 99% of the forums members benefits package) isn't good enough anymore

Old 09-13-2013, 08:15 AM

299 posts, read 801,914 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/search.php

Old 09-13-2013, 08:25 AM

1,114 posts, read 1,967,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
If Gov. Corbett doesn't step up and address this transit issue by the end of the year, he can basically kiss any chance he has of being elected again for a 2nd term. People in Southeastern PA will not forget these incidents when it comes time to vote in the ballot box in the next Gubernatorial race. Gov. Corbett can do a lot more than just throw a bone to SEPTA. SEPTA deserves to be funded just like other large transit systems like MTA, LACMTA, and CTA.
I think he has already kissed any chance of a reelection goodby. I actually think he will lose the republican nomination.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:53 AM

3,260 posts, read 4,879,753 times
In typical tea-party fashion, Corbett is on a kamikaze mission to inflict as much damage as possible in the name of ideology. He knows he's not getting reelected.

But how many 'doomsday' plans can Philly take?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia