U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 08:05 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,282,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
Dude. The trash removal is horrible. Those guys were slow and missed half the trash and never picked up trash they missed throwing on the truck. There is no leaf or brush removal. You are on your own for that. The Police services is deplorable.. Snow plowing is just about non existent.. Street cleaning and general grass and island clean up is non existent. Parks and recreation do a horrible job too. The city parks have non working bathrooms and water fountains and is mostly graffiti ridden..

If you thin thats pretty damn good you aught to see what other areas have.. You would be amazed.. like we were

If you guys aint doing anything tomorrow let me know.. Our township day is tomorrow and come on over.. You will be shocked
You can't compare a small, overpriced, overtaxed township to a major metropolis ... That being said, I've never had a problem with trash removal, police response, fire response, etc, they all do a good job. Plus, the streets department and anti-graffiti network do a fantastic job.
I go to Pennypack Park quite often and there's no single issue I can think of.
Snow plowing is non-existent? Richmond Street gets plowed every time it snows. Not for nothing, but my issue when it snows is with Jersey, where I work. It's brutal.
Street cleaning is non-existent? The city does Frankford and Torresdale Ave in the NE at least once a week, I'm sure they're doing other parts of the city. And I don't expect the city to come out and waste money cleaning my street, I can do it myself.
Trust me, there's nothing in South Jersey that's going to "amaze" or "shock" me ... I'd rather have my eyes plucked out with a hot spoon than waste time at a "township day" in South Jersey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 03:24 AM

BTW, my cousin told me the most "amazing" thing about his township day in Cinnaminson were the amount of people stuffing their little plastic bags with pens, keychains and bite-sized candies. He said he was shocked at the greed displayed by people who are supposedly "better" than inner-city dwellers. He said he never saw anything like it ...
True story.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:47 AM

7,780 posts, read 18,927,795 times
I had both.. I can compare.. You have nothing to compare to. So you think you are getting good services, i understand

Old 09-22-2013, 11:57 AM

2,856 posts, read 2,068,478 times
Quote:
I had both.. I can compare.. You have nothing to compare to. So you think you are getting good services, i understand
I agree with you Frank, but for me personally I still prefer center city living as the positives outweigh the negatives.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:47 PM

7,780 posts, read 18,927,795 times
I can appreciate that Jeff. CC is beautiful

Old 09-28-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I agree with you Frank, but for me personally I still prefer center city living as the positives outweigh the negatives.
Nah, I never had a problem with city services and I use them all the time... What problems have you had?

Old 09-28-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
You're missing the entire point by comparing a suburb to a major metropolis. Try comparing your town to Radnor or Newtown.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Oh, I can compare ... my cousin has lived in Cinnaminson for twelve years and he says the police are lazy and surly. True story, being as he's needed their help on several occasions and received little to no satisfaction.
And, Frank, what services do you use? Obviously, where you live it's perfect, so I'm assuming you never had to ask the police for help.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I can appreciate that Jeff. CC is beautiful
As much as I love Center City, I wouldn't call it "beautiful." It has it's fair share of crime, trash, bums and graffiti.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia