Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 08:42 AM

53 posts, read 123,828 times

Advertisements

Any more current residents care to share their opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 11:49 AM

151 posts, read 199,335 times
Not to be rude, but it's been over 3 years since you created this thread and you've bumped it a couple times. Are you looking for specific responses you haven't received yet? Because I'm not sure a dialogue exists here. A conversation would happen naturally if people had things to say.

That said, I personally love New Hope. I'm not a current, past or likely future resident, but it's a great place to visit.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytransplant13 View Post
Not to be rude, but it's been over 3 years since you created this thread and you've bumped it a couple times. Are you looking for specific responses you haven't received yet? Because I'm not sure a dialogue exists here. A conversation would happen naturally if people had things to say.

That said, I personally love New Hope. I'm not a current, past or likely future resident, but it's a great place to visit.
Why do you care how old this thread is, or if I've bumped it a few times over the course of a few years? Yes, I'm looking for responses beyond vacationers chiming in to say they love visiting New Hope. I'm looking for opinions from people that actually live/lived there. So far only two have chimed in. Next time I start, or bump, a thread, I'll run it by you first to make sure you approve.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:33 AM

151 posts, read 199,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPlate View Post
Why do you care how old this thread is, or if I've bumped it a few times over the course of a few years? Yes, I'm looking for responses beyond vacationers chiming in to say they love visiting New Hope. I'm looking for opinions from people that actually live/lived there. So far only two have chimed in. Next time I start, or bump, a thread, I'll run it by you first to make sure you approve.
Your original post is asking for opinions on a town you wished to move to. Is that still happening, or relevant to the conversation? Because when you bump a post that's this old I'm going to read through the original post, and immediately assume you've figured it out in 3 years time and not respond. There's been plenty of other New Hope-related threads since you started this one that have generated more recent dialogue, why not comment on those? Just one person's opinion.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:03 AM

Old 03-07-2017, 12:19 PM

1,525 posts, read 1,184,063 times
Phillytransplant wasn't rude at all in his post and certainly didn't deserve your response. He was just asking if you are still considering moving to New Hope three years after first mentioning it. We are all here on this board to help, and are more than happy to assist you. But the fact that you're still contemplating this move after three years just brings up some questions for your fellow posters. With your children being three years older, are they are more invested in where you live because of school and friendships?

Old 03-18-2017, 08:13 PM

11 posts, read 14,506 times
Default Bucks County

We moved to Lahaska. We have two boys ages13 and 16. They both attend Holicong Middle we moved here from the south and our children went to private schools in LOuisiana. This has definitely been adjustment
for all of us.. my husband works from home but if he needs to go to the office ..it is in Flemington. We are very pleased with the schools .. and coming from Louisiana we are used to paying $12,000 per child for private schools and that's not saying much . The schools here are excellent,and I absolutely feel that my children will definitely be ready for college coming from these schools! I never felt that in Louisiana.. need I say more!!!
LIving in Lahaska is kinda of living in Lalaland.. my kids ride their bikes to peddlers to the candy store,ice cream store, fish in our property.. it is very beautiful ! But what I like is that .. I am a couple minutes from new hope . and Lambertville a few minutes to Buckingham commons and about 10 minutes to downtiwn Doylestown which is such a beautiful quaint downtown.. and when I am really missing suburbia I am like 15 minutes to Warrinton which has all the big box stores and a great Marshalls which caters to the New York crowd And carries very upscale designers. I like that we can drive to the train and park and take train to downtown philly and it is so quick and easy . It is very beautiful but also the country.PEople have their country houses here .. it's very horsey .. we lived in a gated neighborhood in the city in LA and could walk to Whole Foods, but high crime all over the city... and don't get me wrong I have heard about the issues here but living here greatly outweighs living in Louisiana for our kids.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmh1234us View Post
We moved to Lahaska. We have two boys ages13 and 16. They both attend Holicong Middle we moved here from the south and our children went to private schools in LOuisiana. This has definitely been adjustment
for all of us.. my husband works from home but if he needs to go to the office ..it is in Flemington. We are very pleased with the schools .. and coming from Louisiana we are used to paying $12,000 per child for private schools and that's not saying much . The schools here are excellent,and I absolutely feel that my children will definitely be ready for college coming from these schools! I never felt that in Louisiana.. need I say more!!!
LIving in Lahaska is kinda of living in Lalaland.. my kids ride their bikes to peddlers to the candy store,ice cream store, fish in our property.. it is very beautiful ! But what I like is that .. I am a couple minutes from new hope . and Lambertville a few minutes to Buckingham commons and about 10 minutes to downtiwn Doylestown which is such a beautiful quaint downtown.. and when I am really missing suburbia I am like 15 minutes to Warrinton which has all the big box stores and a great Marshalls which caters to the New York crowd And carries very upscale designers. I like that we can drive to the train and park and take train to downtown philly and it is so quick and easy . It is very beautiful but also the country.PEople have their country houses here .. it's very horsey .. we lived in a gated neighborhood in the city in LA and could walk to Whole Foods, but high crime all over the city... and don't get me wrong I have heard about the issues here but living here greatly outweighs living in Louisiana for our kids.
Thanks so much for your detailed response!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia