U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2007, 01:42 AM

2 posts, read 6,913 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Norristown with my girlfriend and have a son on the way....We live in an apartment a few blocks from the septa station...My girlfriend feels its time to move from this area because of the baby...The schools here are terrible having grad from Norristown i know...and i dont want my son to have to go through the same problems i went through growing up in this town...I know its not North Philly but i dont want my boy to have to grow up around prostitution, roaches, drugs ect. it seems like Norristown is becoming worse every year...I use the septa station as my means of transportation to work and when i come home to Norristown every night im confronted by people begging for money...trying to sell me bootleg cd's....and even the occasional prostitute...im often approached by people attempting to sell me crack....im 22 years of age and the only problem i have with moving is money....appt in Norristown are cheap because of the location...ive looked into Collegeville and KOP but they are just to expensive...can anyone give me some ideas or tell me what areas in South East PA are affordable and have easy acces to public transportation...My price range would be 600-825....thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 08:10 AM

2,189 posts, read 6,852,431 times
Why don't you check craigslist.com for apartments in Delaware County? The area is convenient to transportation and you should be able to find something in your price range. If you see something you like, then ask about that particular area. Good luck.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:32 PM

11 posts, read 49,219 times
I agree - check Craigslist. There is a ton of stuff on there. You can also check Yahoo and other areas for school info...may not want this to be your biggest concern now since your son is not school age (and won't be for a while).

If I were you, right now I would concentrate on just finding somewhere decent and cheap while I saved up to purchase a home. As for SEPTA - exton, thorndale, media, wallingford, paoli. Check out their site.

Henry

Old 11-30-2007, 10:03 AM

2,189 posts, read 6,852,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennjersey.info View Post
I agree - check Craigslist. There is a ton of stuff on there. You can also check Yahoo and other areas for school info...may not want this to be your biggest concern now since your son is not school age (and won't be for a while).

If I were you, right now I would concentrate on just finding somewhere decent and cheap while I saved up to purchase a home. As for SEPTA - exton, thorndale, media, wallingford, paoli. Check out their site.

Henry
Those areas might be out of the OP's price range.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:56 PM

29 posts, read 65,863 times
Check Collegeville again, I think you might find a nice place for a good price if you look at the apartments close to Ursinus College. PV is the school district there and it's very good. Good Luck.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:11 AM

1,045 posts, read 4,100,750 times
How can you say such bad things about Norristown? I thought it was the heart of Montg. County, as all the signs say...( j/k...I grew up in the edge of Blue Bell, practically East Norriton...)

Is there something in the PW area? Or maybe even Ardmore?

Old 12-03-2007, 12:29 PM

468 posts, read 2,167,685 times
Definitely check towns in Delaware County along the trolley or the R3 train. They're safer than Norristown but still might be within your price range. I'm assuming you're working in the city, so DelCo is still an easy commute.

People in parts of DelCo also talk about some of the schools "going downhill" but I still think they're better than Norristown schools, except William Penn SD-- steer clear of that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia