Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2014, 11:48 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,432 times

Advertisements

Hello Philadelphians.

Currently looking for information on short term rentals or corporate housing in Philly, preferably in Center City or as near as possible. I tried a couple of links in the stickies as well as Google, but to no avail.

I'd prefer not to sublet, and all I really need is a studio to rent for a month or two starting in mid-Feb for an assignment I'll be completing.

When are you moving? Mid-Feb
Where are you coming from? Jim Thorpe
Why are you moving? Several reasons, including work.
Where will you be working? Technically from my apartment, but all over Center City
Have you been here yet? Yes, a lot.

Will you buy or rent? Rent

If renting, are you looking for an apartment, a townhouse or loft? How much can you spend? Short term apartment, all I need is a studio, can spend up to maybe $1500.

Do you prefer hi-rise or walk up? Hi rise

Do you have a preference of living in a NJ or PA suburb? Nope, looking to live in Center City or as close as possible.

Are you married or single? Do you have children? Single, no kids.

Do you want or need a yard? Nope

Are you keeping a car? Maybe. It depends on if I can get parking at the place I live.

Do you prefer bustling activity or calm and quiet? Bustling!!

What do you want to be closest to?
Work
Shopping
Basic services (supermarket, drugstore, etc.)
Nightlife
Train or subway stations

Yes to all of the above.

Do you want to live with people of a similar age, race, religion or sexual preference or do you prefer a diverse neighborhood?

Diversity is fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 05:42 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,713,551 times
Try airbnb.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:46 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,514,680 times
You could check out the Windsor Suites. It has temporary stay month by month studios and they have a parking garage, so you could keep the car. It is right behind the Comcast Center, so you are close to transport if you decide to not bother with the car. It is at 17th and Benjamin Franklin Parkway, so you could get more bustling, but it is a fine distance to grocers and what not, but not step out of your house close, unless you grocery shop in the Comcast Center. The Comcast Center does have some of my favorite places in Philadelphia, though. Sook Hee's Produce, a wonderful fish market, Di Brunos, one of the top dessert bakeries etc. There is a drug store a block away and two or so more blocks is a 24/7 one. Around the are aof the 24/7 drug store is shopping and all that good stuff. It is a fine place, fine area, but I personally prefer elsewhere, but only for a long term stay. For a very short term stay I think it would work well.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:26 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,607,512 times
Moved to Central Jersey back in the summer and short term housing there started about $3k a month for a 1 bedroom, businesses relocation's push the price up unfortunately. Good luck.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:45 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Moved to Central Jersey back in the summer and short term housing there started about $3k a month for a 1 bedroom, businesses relocation's push the price up unfortunately. Good luck.

I'm starting to see that this is true. The Windsor Suites are pretty $$$ for only a month's stay.

Airbnb creeps me out a little bit. Anyone have any experience with them?

Old 01-28-2014, 02:07 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,607,512 times
The extended stay which is where I ended up at is $52 a night roughly if you agree to stay 3 months or longer. Also after 3 months in Jersey you get all the taxes back which for me was around $725...

Old 01-28-2014, 03:08 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,713,551 times
With airbnb you can specify that you are looking for a whole apartment rather than a room in somebody's house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia