Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 12:01 PM

182 posts, read 376,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabottom View Post
I didn't know express trains stopped at Fairmount since the express train from city hall in the morning doesn't stop at Fairmount
The express train does not stop at Fairmount. The Broad-Ridge line stops at Fairmount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 12:03 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatdoesthefoxsay65 View Post
I was listing the stations for each of the lines, although the repetitive thing was in the back of my mind. Tasker-Morris is really empty during the night and it seems to be a bit shady during the night. Milbourne gives me the creeps.

No man or woman should be catching the subway in this city after 7pm. Now in regards to going to a sixers/flyers/phillies game, I think it's a express train that leaves from Walnut/Locust

Old 02-03-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
There are only 2 stops on the ridge line that are independent of the rest of the bsl. BSL express? Other than the Fairmount and Chinatown stop t's the same stations as the BSL. Why in the world would you list Erie three times? They're all the same station! Have you ever even been to these stations?

Also who in the world is afraid of the Tasker-Morris station? And Milbourne is a perfectly fine little neighborhood. Where are you getting this information?
Also, I was trying to distinguish between the two routes by giving him the list of stops so he wouldn't think they were the same thing. They run down the same tracks but they make different stops.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatdoesthefoxsay65 View Post
The express train does not stop at Fairmount. The Broad-Ridge line stops at Fairmount.

Sometimes I be tempted to catch the express train to Girard and walk back to Fairmount LOL

But that would be dumb

Old 02-03-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
No man or woman should be catching the subway in this city after 7pm. Now in regards to going to a sixers/flyers/phillies game, I think it's a express train that leaves from Walnut/Locust
Always ride the subway at that time and do not have a problem.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Sometimes I be tempted to catch the express train to Girard and walk back to Fairmount LOL

But that would be dumb
Well, you could catch the express to Girard and then wait for the local if you're being lazy.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:12 PM

4,513 posts, read 4,040,229 times
Quote:
after 7 lol? I'd say the time you should probably be taking a cab instead is 11-2am depending on where you are at.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
after 7 lol? I'd say the time you should probably be taking a cab instead is 11-2am depending on where you are at.

Unless you are at 69th street, 15th street, Broad and Olney, or Franford, all the other stops are quiet and don't have a lot of riders waiting. You know how desperate criminals are in this city right now and it's no need to be underground and be a easy target after rush hour

Old 02-06-2014, 06:59 PM

Just realized this morning why i hate the Broad Street subway

It's because of the way it's designed which is nothing like the el. On the el all the seats are the same way they are on the bus which all facing in the same direction. On the BSL the way the seats are setup has people staring in each other's face in the morning which forces me to look down at the floor lol

Old 02-11-2015, 12:14 AM

385 posts, read 400,504 times
Omg some of yall sound like old ladies "No one should ride the subway after 7pm" ......there is really no other choice when it comes to the buses on Broad St....they 85% are going to get stuck in traffic....plus the constant stop and go and every intersection plus board and alighting....why sit that whole time when you could hop the subway local or express. The Broad St line moves 124k daily.....im sure all of them would tell you the same. You might as not live in the city for that matter since their seems to be a uptight of "Dont go to that station" , "No not after 8pm"........there is always still loads of people out anyway....it really winds down around after rush hour then slowly and gradually. But people ride the system all night. Have anyone of you thought of taking the Regional Rail instead ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia