U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2014, 01:08 PM

310 posts, read 289,890 times

Advertisements

DHS Takes Child from Mom in SEPTA Video | News | Philadelphia Magazine

I'm glad that the child is now safe. The video was absolutly heartbreaking. After watching it I cried and pleaded to God praying that the child can finally be safe. The video has gotten alot of controversy as to why the person didn't help the child and videoed instead... but i read on the comments that he alerted the driver (who did nothing) and also called police. He videoed for proof. Thanks to him getting this on video, the girl is now safe.

It's just sad to think about all of the other children who have to witness this daily
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 01:55 PM

10,026 posts, read 14,474,108 times
the child is in the hands of the DHS so everything is not well and good. perhaps the agency has reformed but it has had plenty of widespread scandals where people are just filling out paperwork. no matter what happens from here the child is most likely going to have a tough go of it either through "the system." best case scenario is the mom gets help and is able to manage her addiction and raise her child.

Old 03-11-2014, 02:28 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,786,129 times
Heartbreaking? Psh... that little girl's problems are minuscule compared to what's happening to kids in third world countries every day.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:12 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,992,887 times
^^^^

i applaud you, airwave, for realizing that. i always think "well, i dont live in syria" those moments when i want to yell and beat the hell out of someone.

but i shudder to think of this little girl's future. what kind of scum men is that redhead bringing into her home? what kind of danger will this girl be susceptible to as this disease or addiction takes hold of everything in their lives. im glad the social workers got that little girl.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:17 PM

91 posts, read 63,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
^^^^

i applaud you, airwave, for realizing that. i always think "well, i dont live in syria" those moments when i want to yell and beat the hell out of someone.

but i shudder to think of this little girl's future. what kind of scum men is that redhead bringing into her home? what kind of danger will this girl be susceptible to as this disease or addiction takes hold of everything in their lives. im glad the social workers got that little girl.
Of all the things going on in that video, you're biggest concern in that the daughter may be exposed to "scum men"? That comment says so much about you. I bet you believe there is a "war on women" too, right? Keep fighting the good fight against those scum men that infest society.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:25 PM

13,348 posts, read 18,629,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinsFan14 View Post
Of all the things going on in that video, you're biggest concern in that the daughter may be exposed to "scum men"? That comment says so much about you. I bet you believe there is a "war on women" too, right? Keep fighting the good fight against those scum men that infest society.
I'm a man, and I believe that many "men" these days haven't earned the title. Real men don't need drugs to enjoy themselves. Real men have at least one useful skill other than ****ing. Real men know how to take "no" for an answer. Real men have proper impulse control. Any male who lacks even one of those three qualities is nothing but an overgrown little boy. Oftentimes you'll find them in low-income areas as a result of the decisions they make. (Occasionally they'll be diagnosed with "affluenza," though.)

Be all that as it may, I believe that women have more power in a relationship than they realize. Men would shape up in a hurry if women told them "no" a little more often. Negative punishment works, and so does positive reinforcement.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:23 AM
Yac

6,017 posts, read 6,734,512 times
Moved from the Pittsburgh forum.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or