U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-17-2014, 05:46 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,606 posts, read 51,790,193 times
Reputation: 9451

Advertisements

It was reported by NBC10 that a man was bothering people on the BSL and he got into a fight with a septa officer. Only makes you think what would be happening underground at 1am in the morning when it's probably no septa officers

Caught on Cam: Man Fights SEPTA Police Officer | NBC 10 Philadelphia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-17-2014, 06:06 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
8,702 posts, read 12,373,638 times
Reputation: 3593
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabottom View Post
It was reported by NBC10 that a man was bothering people on the BSL and he got into a fight with a septa officer. Only makes you think what would be happening underground at 1am in the morning when it's probably no septa officers

Caught on Cam: Man Fights SEPTA Police Officer | NBC 10 Philadelphia
....lol. Oh the horror!

Are you against progress? All successful world cities have 24 hour subway service. Can't halt progress for the fear that SOMETHING might happen.

The odds of something happening on the street waiting for a bus are much more likely than a well lit subway station with cameras and SEPTA employees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2014, 06:10 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,606 posts, read 51,790,193 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
....lol. Oh the horror!

Are you against progress? All successful world cities have 24 hour subway service. Can't halt progress for the fear that SOMETHING might happen.

The odds of something happening on the street waiting for a bus are much more likely than a well lit subway station with cameras and SEPTA employees.

Only if the progress includes having a septa officer working overtime and stationed at every stop at 12am
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2014, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
166 posts, read 228,207 times
Reputation: 64
Isolated incident. I think we should be more afraid of the crazy kids that jump people on the BSL and MFL during the day than crazy stuff that happens while people are riding the train drunk. The worst that can happen is people throwing up and getting into fights with each other, which is bound to happen anyway (it already happens today on the Night Owl). Still, if Philly is to ever be taken as a World class city than 24 hour subway service is a must. I honestly think that they could only run 1 car during the week every half an hour, and 2 car trains every 15 minutes during the weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2014, 06:18 PM
 
Location: Philly
10,026 posts, read 14,474,108 times
Reputation: 2774
24 hour service is not a must, many world class cities don't have it. now service later into the evening is a positive thing, at least on weekends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2014, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
166 posts, read 228,207 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
24 hour service is not a must, many world class cities don't have it. now service later into the evening is a positive thing, at least on weekends
NYC has it
LA has it
SF has it
Miami has it
Seattle has it
Tokyo has it
London Has it
Dallas has it
Paris has it
DC has it
Berlin has it
Hamburg has it
Tornoto has it
Boston has it

We don't have it.

Granted, some of these are streetcar lines, you get the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2014, 06:51 PM
 
Location: Midwest
1,283 posts, read 1,881,190 times
Reputation: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by criedman101 View Post
NYC has it
LA has it
SF has it
Miami has it
Seattle has it
Tokyo has it
London Has it
Dallas has it
Paris has it
DC has it
Berlin has it
Hamburg has it
Tornoto has it
Boston has it

We don't have it.

Granted, some of these are streetcar lines, you get the point.
Boston doesn't have it. Although they are going to begin an experiment with late night service on weekends pretty soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2014, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
166 posts, read 228,207 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousBlueRaincoat View Post
Boston doesn't have it. Although they are going to begin an experiment with late night service on weekends pretty soon.
Really? My cousin told me they did. Well, I didn't fact check...

Forgot about Chicago too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2014, 07:10 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,606 posts, read 51,790,193 times
Reputation: 9451
Well Boston is considered a safer city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2014, 09:02 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista
2,472 posts, read 3,486,213 times
Reputation: 2202
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabottom View Post
It was reported by NBC10 that a man was bothering people on the BSL and he got into a fight with a septa officer. Only makes you think what would be happening underground at 1am in the morning when it's probably no septa officers

Caught on Cam: Man Fights SEPTA Police Officer | NBC 10 Philadelphia
Why in the world would you assume that the extended hours would have no septa officers unlike any other time they run? Has the fact that your chances of being a victim of violent crime are smaller on septa than the average rate for the city as a whole sunken into your head yet? Do you ever bother to think critically before you post... or ever at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top