U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2014, 07:05 PM

82 posts, read 63,402 times

Advertisements

I live in Philly in a recently renovated rowhome. My neighbors on one side have been throwing thrash into my backyard for some reason. I've had no conflict with these people and have no idea why they're doing it, but they're definitely doing it. And I'm talking about a lot of trash, nasty trash, here. Bags of trash hurled over the fence into my backyard. Baby and adult diapers. Dead mice stuck to glue traps. Food. Spent blunts. All kinds of nastiness. I recently discovered that they have been tossing trash into a hard to access corner of my back area, behind my air conditioning unit, where the vents for my furnace and dyer are located and it has apparently been sucked into the intake or something because my furnace is no longer functioning. The situation is crazy.

The people in question are section 8 tenants so my question is what recourse do I have in dealing with this. Is there some department within the city that I can contact? Would there be a landlord for this place that can contact? Or should just start calling the health department or police? If anyone has any suggestions for possible resources in dealing with this it would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 09:05 PM

364 posts, read 620,028 times
Let me guess, you live in Point Breeze or some other rapidly-gentrifying area?

I'd try extending the height of your fence or installing a (dummy) security camera where they can't miss it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or