Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2014, 06:50 PM

6 posts, read 9,682 times

Advertisements

Hello, I live in Phoenixville, PA and just got a 9-5 job working in center city. I need to get on the Paoli-Thorndale (R5) line somewhere around Paoli, and was wondering if anyone takes this line on the daily commute and could tell me when the daily parking lots fill up every morning? Specifically, the stations I'm looking at are Exton, Malvern, Paoli, Daylesford, and Berwyn. I could reasonably do any those stations. I've looked around on this forum but couldn't find any posts on these specific stations, within the past few months. Any help would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I'll be hopping from one station to the next in the early mornings hoping to find a spot, which might not be ideal, haha. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 10:22 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Did you look at the SEPTA website to see which of your preferred stations had the largest parking lot? Try that one first.

And of course the earlier you arrive, the luckier you'll be with parking.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:14 PM

Thanks for responding, I did check the site, but basically all of the lots do fill up to capacity by the end of the morning, I was just wondering if anybody had any tips on just how early that happens. But you're right, better safe than sorry so I'm basically planning on starting pretty early for the first few days till I've got a good idea of the daily commuter flow.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:17 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,821,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinPhillyFan View Post
Thanks for responding, I did check the site, but basically all of the lots do fill up to capacity by the end of the morning, I was just wondering if anybody had any tips on just how early that happens. But you're right, better safe than sorry so I'm basically planning on starting pretty early for the first few days till I've got a good idea of the daily commuter flow.
I would go with Malvern, the other two have been full for years while malvern was recently expanded. in malvern you may be able to park somewhere and walk there, exton is unwalkable outside of the station area. plus you can shop at worrells on the way home

Old 03-31-2014, 04:13 PM

pman,

Thanks for the response, I have been going to Malvern and it's been working great. I get there early enough that there's still plenty of spots. Haven't tried Worrells yet but sounds like maybe I should check it out haha, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia