U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 12:19 AM

13,348 posts, read 18,637,893 times

Advertisements

I can still get a double cheeseburger, small fries and a small drink at McDonald's for a little over $3. The breakfast items have gradually increased in price, though; 10 years ago I could get a McMuffin value meal for under $4, but now it's closer to $5.

These days, the best bargains are the local all-you-can-eat buffets. There's one place where I live that serves a Southern-style lunch buffet for $10 including drink, tax and decent tip. Chinese buffet take-out is pretty good too; they charge by the weight of your box, and I usually end up between $10 and $12 including a bowl of soup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 07:41 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,281,744 times
Me and my woman share a sandwich and potatos @Paesano's for $10. Cheap!

Old 04-19-2014, 08:48 AM

8,048 posts, read 18,476,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwestcoast View Post
I do wish we could get In-N-Out in Philly though... nothing here comes close to the value of their burgers.
I once read someone that In-N-Out prides itself on having its meat delivered "fresh" within one day from a production facility in the Southwest or West Coast. So unless/until they build a second facility east of the Mississippi, I'm afraid they won't be coming to Philly.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:49 AM

8,048 posts, read 18,476,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
And think about it what it would be if they raised minimum wage
Some economic experts theorize less than a dollar on a typical "value meal", but that's another topic...

Old 04-19-2014, 12:18 PM

15,338 posts, read 10,557,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
Some economic experts theorize less than a dollar on a typical "value meal", but that's another topic...
Yeah, a dollar here, a dollar there. That's how you end up with $10 for a fast food meal. Everyone has a red line and aren't willing to pay a cent more. As mentioned before, McDonald's dollar menu is the way to go. 99 cents each for a cheeseburger, small fries and a small drink. If you want you can splurge and add sautéed onions to your cheeseburger for an extra 19 cents. One step up is Burger King's Junior Whopper meal, all for well under $5. Call me cheap but if I want a real burger I go somewhere, be waited on and order a beer with my burger.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:20 PM

326 posts, read 425,539 times
five guys is way above burger king. i can still go to burger king and get three cheesburgers and a drink (like 700 calories or more) for five bucks. i don't get fries, but two cheeseburgers and fries wouldn't be much more.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:42 PM

10,026 posts, read 14,483,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Yeah, a dollar here, a dollar there. That's how you end up with $10 for a fast food meal. Everyone has a red line and aren't willing to pay a cent more. As mentioned before, McDonald's dollar menu is the way to go. 99 cents each for a cheeseburger, small fries and a small drink. If you want you can splurge and add sautéed onions to your cheeseburger for an extra 19 cents. One step up is Burger King's Junior Whopper meal, all for well under $5. Call me cheap but if I want a real burger I go somewhere, be waited on and order a beer with my burger.
the difference is sue to the quality of the product. mcdonalds keeps its prices low by using processed, frozen , low quality ingredients. for a time poor quality was synonymous with the fast portion but it doesnt have to be.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:04 PM
FBJ

39,606 posts, read 51,801,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
The dollar menu is for lunch not dinner

Old 04-20-2014, 12:38 AM

513 posts, read 633,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
And think about it what it would be if they raised minimum wage
You would pay $.68 more for a Big Mac.
http://http://abcnews.go.com/business/t/blogEntry?id=19830237&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google .com%2F

But honestly, chances are the CEOs would raise prices even more and blame raising the wages and just pocket the money. The average CEO has had a 12% wage increase in the past year, averaging a 1.8 million dollar raise. Corporate profits are at an all time high. These are all easily accessed facts and stats also.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:51 AM

4,101 posts, read 7,871,497 times
We could be entering a scary food shortage. Of course this has been orchestrated by the Global Elite and the Bildebergers. You should not eat fast food to start with. Eat some celery and soup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or