Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 03:24 PM

7,270 posts, read 10,598,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
KOP is actually three malls connected. Bush League. How big can be build so the people will come? Do we have enough Kohls and HD's nearby? No, let's build some more. Bush League.

It's a question of smart growth and zoning. PA is bush league, SJ has been doing it correctly which is why our taxes are higher. Population means nothing, it's all about growth and distinctiveness not how many Kohls are in the local area. Bush League.
1.) LOL. It's two, by the way (The Court & The Plaza), and because they're not technically connected to one another, it doesn't count? This is getting ridiculous.

2.) I never said a thing about Kohl's, but it's certainly one of many chain dept. stores that are prevalent throughout SEPA.

3.) Smart Growth is hardly exclusive to South Jersey. Many municipalities in Pennsylvania are starting to incorporate it into their growth policies.

Look, I'm not trying to bash on Jersey. I really love Jersey, in fact -- but your hubris in trying to boost South Jersey above the integral role of the PA suburbs is completely distorting the true picture of our region.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:36 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,518,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
1.) LOL. It's two, by the way (The Court & The Plaza), and because they're not technically connected to one another, it doesn't count? This is getting ridiculous.

2.) I never said a thing about Kohl's, but it's certainly one of many chain dept. stores that are prevalent throughout SEPA.

3.) Smart Growth is hardly exclusive to South Jersey. Many municipalities in Pennsylvania are starting to incorporate it into their growth policies.

Look, I'm not trying to bash on Jersey. I really love Jersey, in fact -- but your hubris in trying to boost South Jersey above the integral role of the PA suburbs is completely distorting the true picture of our region.
I totally agree with this. Both sides of the Delaware play an integral role in the greater Philly region. It just so happens that legislation, zoning and smart growth initiatives have been widely adopted in SJ and the payoff of economic vibrancy and in-migration are strongly benefiting the entire region. In my opinion, and frankly with a fair amount of evidence supported, SJ holds the upper hand on what is important to the region, and it is not how many Kohls there are within your local area.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:28 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,239,685 times
Damn, I didn't realize that when I went to see Phillies or Eagles home games I was in New Jersey.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:56 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,216,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
In my opinion, and frankly with a fair amount of evidence supported, SJ holds the upper hand on what is important to the region, and it is not how many Kohls there are within your local area.
So the Pa burbs have big advantages in population,jobs,retail,per capita income,housing,higher learning, and finally office inventory yet South jersey is the core of the region. Do you realize how idiotic you are sounding? You should have thrown in the towel about 8 rounds ago. You are getting your doors blown off.

Here is one more very telling stat urther showing anyone capable of processing information where the core of the region is.

Current office space construction

Center City= 1.4 M Sq.Ft
Pa suburbs= 1.3 M Sq. Ft
South Jersey=450,000 Sq.ft.
Delaware= 385,000 Sq FT.

Current Occupied Office Space

Suburban Pa.= 57M Sq. Ft
Center City= 43 M Sq.Ft.
South jersey= 17 M Sq Ft
Del= 14 M sq Ft.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:41 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,093,832 times
Stop egging on MoorestownResident. Please.

This thread should be closed. Please.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:21 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,169,137 times
The points made in this thread have been passionate but have become circular if not also personal. It's "only" a forum, folks, not City Council.

I think it's time to close this thread... and let's remember to be civil to each other in other threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia