U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 04:03 PM

45 posts, read 191,761 times

Advertisements

Cherry Hill is very nice BUT the taxes are crazy! good luck

Old 01-07-2008, 11:51 AM

186 posts, read 519,584 times
I only wish I could live near the Philly metro area...I love it there. Not to mention some of the best tasting food on the planet (cheesteaks and hogies). I would suggest living in PA vs Jersey. The bridge thing will get to you if you find yourself constantly going to Philly.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:01 AM

267 posts, read 857,789 times
In all fairness to yourself....

Post the same question in the NJ forum, look at what Jersey residents say, and then take the average between here and there! You are going to get biased opinions in both places. I've never believed in saying my hometown is better than yours so I'll just say weigh opinions on both sides of the river.
MY two cents is that I've lived in Cherry Hill for three years now and love it here. I have no problems getting into Center City via car or train. In fact, there are two train stops in Cherry Hill that will get you into Philly in under 20 min.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:46 AM

32 posts, read 172,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
The worst in South Jersey is the property tax and car insurance.
The worst in the Philly area is the property tax and car insurance.

The major pain to remember about New Jersey is Pa lets you go in for free but charges you to leave.

I lived in the Mount Laurel area for 10 years and loved it. I lived on the Burlington County side which provided less in both car insurance premiums and property tax rates vs. Camden County.

The burbs of Philly are nice to as today I travel much in the West Chester area.

All in all you cant go wrong with either direction.

I can actually say with all honesty I wish I was back and taxes be darned.

I was under transfer to my current home in Atlanta in 2004 and everyday I seek a transfer out of this place. This is one place you DON'T want to be.

Not me !

I am stuck here in Camden County and I can't wait to get out. They raise taxes EVERY YEAR. I talked to a friend of mine who knows a Camden County tax assessor and he was told by him that they will be coming door to door over the entire County very soon in a push to assess and up taxes even more. He said they expect most people's taxes to go up on an average of 25-50% of what you are paying now.

It's ridiculous,
I have a great home in a great neighborhood, but it's not worth living here for the money the state takes out of my pocket.

I want out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also,
has anyone heard of a NJ exit tax now for people who move out of NJ ?
My cousin was telling me about this last night but wasn't sure of detais.

NJ's moto should be

Buy a home in NJ, we'll make sure you monthly tax payment is more than your mortgage payment !

Old 01-13-2008, 03:08 PM

538 posts, read 1,694,646 times
I have been looking on the NJ and PA boards for a few months now, considering a relocation. I can tell you this, NJ residents seem to want out of NJ at any cost ,while PA residents seem quite happy with where they live. I would want to live where people are happy, it just makes for an easier transition.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:16 AM

2,065 posts, read 4,290,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oc2nyc View Post
I have been looking on the NJ and PA boards for a few months now, considering a relocation. I can tell you this, NJ residents seem to want out of NJ at any cost ,while PA residents seem quite happy with where they live. I would want to live where people are happy, it just makes for an easier transition.
Yes, I was going to say the same thing. The vibe on the NJ boards is pretty bad. Of course there's some who want out of PA as well, but they generally don't seem so bitter; they just go.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:22 PM

156 posts, read 748,501 times
You may want to look at Bucks County: Holland, Newtown.
Use train to get to Temple - it's a lot easier and cheaper too.
Just my $.02

Old 02-01-2008, 09:55 PM

2 posts, read 6,440 times
Default What about Moorestown?

If one were to live in Burlington County (such as in Moorestown), how would this compare to the Main Line? Wouldn't some of the tax pressures of Camden County be allayed?

Old 02-02-2008, 01:08 PM

992 posts, read 3,287,613 times
Moorestown is still pretty high, but Burlington County is lower than Camden County as a general rule. Not sure what taxes are like out on the Main Line.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:02 AM

97 posts, read 514,516 times
Does anyone know why posters don't look up taxes on the real estate websites that post taxes? I'm just wondering.

It seems as though a lot of people don't know taxes are right on line, either on zillow or for example, kw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or