Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2008, 08:45 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,866 times

Advertisements

As we haven't yet decided where we want to buy, we are considering renting in Philly for 6 to 12 months.

I have a couple of questions:

1: Does the tenant or landlord pay the fee on rentals in Philly?

2: Any recommendations on where to look for a 2 bed + from $2000 to $2500?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 09:06 PM

8 posts, read 36,725 times
In this area, if you go through a real estate agency, typically the seller pays the fee's.
If you go through a Rental Company, they usually charge the tenant. Of course if you go through a private owner, then there should not be any fee other than the application fee.

Because I am an agent, I cannot really suggest and area. If you were more specific on what you are looking for in any particular area, than I can probably narrow it down some.

Maybe this site can help you. http://phillyneighborhoods.org/

Tina

Old 01-02-2008, 08:50 AM

4,927 posts, read 14,215,138 times
Some of the newer condos/apts that come to mind and worth looking into.I would post links but got a handslapping by the mods the last time.

Edgewater-(Apts) In the LOgan Square neighborhood(quiet) 1/4 mile from the Art Museum, 1/2 mile from Center City and right on Schuylkill River Trail. Great location.

Domus-(Apts)In University City right between Drexel and Penns campus.

The Metro-(Apts/Condos) a few blocks from the historical sites, 1/2 mile from center City.

St James Tower(Apts) -Washington Square-$$$ not sure if $2500 can get you a 2 br though. Great location.

City View-(Condos/Apts) An older mid rise with great city views in the Art Museum area.

There are dozens and dozens of buildings renovated into condos right in center city that are worth looking into as well eg Parc Rittenhouse,The Grande , Aria etc etc.

Good luck

Old 01-02-2008, 02:58 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,866 times
Thanks - I'll look into these.

We're looking to move into Philly around April 1st so we should have summer in the city!

Then we just have to work out what to buy and where. I love Chestnut Hill, but think we're leaning towards Society Hill. We don't want to spend too much over a million. Most of the row houses seem to be 1.2M plus. Seems expensive really and I don't see prices dropping much which is surprising. Guess we'll have to see what happens over the next 6 months.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:48 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,215,138 times
Cultural activity,the restaurant scene,and hustle and bustle Soceity Hill/Center City is your best bet. If you want less hassles(easy parking,less traffic congestion e.g.) and a more laid back setting/ pleasant quality of life then Chestnut Hill or the Mainline are probably better options.

Good luck.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:14 AM

96 posts, read 436,048 times
What are you looking for ? House or apartment? I live in Philly suburbs...so close to Philly that across the street is Philly in some parts....Send me a private email with your details...I too need to move and rent and most likely sell my house...my husband started a job in Washington, DC. Anyway, I would love to give you more info...just send me your specs and we can chat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia