U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2008, 12:12 AM

10 posts, read 41,016 times

Advertisements

Just get a job lead in Croydon at North of philly. My family have never been philly before. Just wondering about everything. I would appreciate any sugguestion about:

1. Where are good school districts at North sub of Philly within 30 miles from Croydon. We got 6 year old son in first grade.

2. Like to find about 2500sqf and 4 bed room house in a fair mid-up-class community. Hope it is not too old. what price range I should look for?

3. Is real estate market in Philly declined?

4. 4% wage tax if live in city. where is city line for philly.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 10:48 AM

5,673 posts, read 10,245,988 times
Croyden is a small borough in lower Bucks county that is outside the city limits of Philadelphia so unless you lived in the city, the 4% wage tax doesn't apply. Its location, between I-95 and the Delaware River, means you can look into areas in New Jersey as well and still be within 30 miles. It is also on the train line between Trenton andPhilly. In Bucks, you can look at places like Yardley, Newtown, Richboro, Washington's Crossing among others as mid-upper class communities. Look at some real estate sites to get a sense of prices - you'd probably be starting in at least the mid-300's and up, depending on various factors. The RE market in good neighborhoods has softened and buyers have more leverage than they did a couple of years ago, but I'm not sure how much you could say it has declined.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:44 AM

10 posts, read 41,016 times
thanks for information, It is great. After reading a lot on this forum, I found people always mention the school are good around philly. It would be good news for us.

Is property tax at NJ side higher than at PA?

Old 02-03-2008, 05:54 PM

28 posts, read 104,482 times
Hello! I was just reading your post and am very familiar with the area. Don't know if you ended up going with that job lead in Croydon. If you need any more advice on surrounding areas, home prices, etc...feel free to send me a message and I can help you get more information.

Croydon is located in the Bristol Township school district. You can look up the school district on the greatschools website. The immediately surrounding school districts are: Bensalem, Bristol Borough, Pennsbury and Neshaminy. Croydon is fairly close to the Northeast Philadelphia border about a 15 minute ride through Andalusia and Bensalem.

Feel free to post or email me any more questions!

Good luck!

Old 02-04-2008, 06:34 AM

690 posts, read 2,769,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgbee View Post
thanks for information, It is great. After reading a lot on this forum, I found people always mention the school are good around philly. It would be good news for us.

Is property tax at NJ side higher than at PA?

What price range are you looking at hgbee? Property tax is higher in NJ than PA, however it is generally offset by cheaper home prices, cheaper gas, cheaper liquor/beer etc. Overall, cost of living is comparable in both states. We can help you narrow down choices if you give specific price ranges, and also age of home desired.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:49 AM

992 posts, read 3,287,244 times
Delran or Cinnaminson NJ would be good spots and an easy commute to Croydon.

Cinnaminson = 08077.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia