Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 09:21 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
You may not like the name, but the owners have had pretty good success with it: Big Gay Ice Cream - About
Sure they have. All for customers who've never heard of Carvel and wouldn't set foot in a Dairy Queen because they're not hip enough. But, anyway, they will probably be wildly successful and good luck to them. I liked the fact that one of the founders played the bassoon. That gets points with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 09:43 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,008 times
any gay cake bakeries nearby?

Old 03-28-2015, 02:10 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,888,203 times
nothing wrong with happy ice cream

Big gay ice cream is shown to be very good

I actually like the idea of the rainbow cross walks. I like a city that can embrace differences and be proud of it in a profound way. The fact that this is questioned to me speaks to need for the place to still grow and I have faith it will

we should be proud of such a cross walk and horrified of continued racism that persists. This from what I would consider a moderate registered republican

and with big gay ice cream, the fact such a place looks here and LA as the next outpost to me shows how far we have come in a sense

Old 03-29-2015, 03:30 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
nothing wrong with happy ice cream

Big gay ice cream is shown to be very good

I actually like the idea of the rainbow cross walks. I like a city that can embrace differences and be proud of it in a profound way. The fact that this is questioned to me speaks to need for the place to still grow and I have faith it will

we should be proud of such a cross walk and horrified of continued racism that persists. This from what I would consider a moderate registered republican

and with big gay ice cream, the fact such a place looks here and LA as the next outpost to me shows how far we have come in a sense
Not all republicans are racist or homophobic. I actually have a few gay friends who vote Republican (of course they usually do it only in local elections, but that's another thread for the Politics forum).

I like the idea of the rainbow cross walks too. The Gayborhood is so vibrant.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:32 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Not all republicans are racist or homophobic. I actually have a few gay friends who vote Republican (of course they usually do it only in local elections, but that's another thread for the Politics forum).

It seems a bit better now but every single gay Republican I ever knew back in the day was DEEPLY in the closet. But, as you say, this is probably not the correct thead to delve into their internalized homophobia.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:48 AM

50 posts, read 79,111 times
Quote:

The Gayborhood is also the seediest part of Center City.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Milk View Post
The Gayborhood is also the seediest part of Center City.
really?

Old 03-29-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:

yes and as someone who has voted (r (and D) in national election I also don't like the moniker that Rs are type cast. I agree with points and people on many ends of spectrums. Personally I struggle with extreme either ends but mostly like to evaluate situations for what they are, at least for me anyway.

I am excited to see the crosswalks - to me prideful of what the country was founded on whether I agree or disagree with a lifestyle or not etc (I am very tolerant I feel but not the point here - this is not a political statement to me on any level) - this to me a celebration is a celebration of freedoms if that make sense and where better then where the experiment was started.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:05 AM

50 posts, read 79,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
really?
You're unaware?

Old 03-29-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Milk View Post
You're unaware?
today I don't find this area the seediest in CC by any stretch, but that is my opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia