U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2008, 07:48 AM

1 posts, read 2,037 times

Advertisements

This is an open letter to anyone who can help or offer information. I live on the 8800 block of Hargrave St. This neighborhood is approximately 45 years old and most of the trees on my block and surrounding blocks have died, including Clayton, Walnut Hill, Maxwell, Tolbut and Taunton.
What were once beautiful, tree-lined streets have now become quite barren. Is there no city agency or neighborhood organization that we can contact to have trees planted without having to wait for years for it to happen? Although I’ve only lived on my block for 14 years, I’m told that my street in particular used to have a tree for every two houses. Now there are five trees on the entire block. Let’s return our neighborhoods to the tree-lined paradise that they once were and intended to be forever. Are we to believe that a tree-lined street can’t be this way forever? Once they die, it’s over? I refuse to believe that! There must be a solution. Certainly we can’t be expected to plant and replace trees at our own expense. In Center City, within a month of trees dying in residential neighborhoods they are replaced with no assistance by the residents. Why are we not afforded the same privilege? Is it just the matter of a phone call? Let’s get this done. Please, neighbors, you must realize that your property values greatly increase when our streets can be classified as tree-lined. Lets get together and get this done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia