U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 09:07 PM

11 posts, read 37,278 times

Advertisements

to PARELO:

Not sure of what the prices are in the area you are coming from, but I will be happy to give you some information of what you are moving to:

The one thing I will tell you is the price range you are looking in, in the general vacinity, most of the homes are older. Don't know if you have a preference to newer construction or not. If you do, you may open your search greatly by also searching in the Springford School district - very close to Phoenixville, the next district northeast of Phoenixville borough.

If not, in Phoenixville Schools you will mostly find homes in the 2700-3500 sq ft range. However, here is not as much inventory in this school district for homes in this price range as some of the surrounding areas. The greatest thing about this area is the acess to back roads to get anywhere you want.

Lastly, if you look further south west (Treddyfrin-Easttown & Great Valley) you will be in 2 of the BEST school systems in the area and in the highly sought after Main Line. The only negatives about this area are the traffic congestion and the prices are much higher - you will get less for the money.

I will be happy to answer any other questions I didn't confirm for you! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 07:29 PM

1,623 posts, read 5,965,113 times
Amen Kimann...right on the money on all points...

Old 03-04-2008, 08:50 AM

7 posts, read 41,533 times
You should support the increasing health and vitality of Phoenixville rather than isolating yourself and your children and contributing to the decline of towns and actual places. If you live in one of those awful new subdivisions north of town your children will be isolated and unfamiliar with society until they can learn to drive. Hope you know what you're doing to them and yourself.

Also, factor in the price of needing a car into your purchase. 1 car on average costs $6800/year total, meaning that if you could use 1 car instead of two, you could afford an extra $135,000 in mortgage at 6% interest. And this is an appreciating asset rather than a car, which only depreciates in value.

Don't contribute to sprawl and pollution. Live where you can walk.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:16 AM

2,065 posts, read 4,290,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcp1250 View Post
You should support the increasing health and vitality of Phoenixville rather than isolating yourself and your children and contributing to the decline of towns and actual places. If you live in one of those awful new subdivisions north of town your children will be isolated and unfamiliar with society until they can learn to drive. Hope you know what you're doing to them and yourself.

Also, factor in the price of needing a car into your purchase. 1 car on average costs $6800/year total, meaning that if you could use 1 car instead of two, you could afford an extra $135,000 in mortgage at 6% interest. And this is an appreciating asset rather than a car, which only depreciates in value.

Don't contribute to sprawl and pollution. Live where you can walk.
Exactly how many jobs or how much shopping can you walk to in P'Ville? Not too many.

Let's not be so judgmental about where people choose to live. Not everyone wants to raise kids in an 80-year old row or twin a half block away from a group home and across the street from a car repair shop.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:00 AM

1,623 posts, read 5,965,113 times
<deep nasal breath> I love the smell of fresh McMansions in the morning!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

But I would put that money into a beautiful older home and a large piece of ground in Collegeville, Royersford, Phoenixville, West Chester, the Main Line...the value of old homes is timeless after the housing developments have lost their luster...and the schools in many of those areas are better as well!

Old 04-03-2008, 10:09 AM

1 posts, read 2,078 times
Default Did you move to Phoenixville?

Hi. I happened upon your post when I was looking for info about the new Wegmans. What a coincidence...I live in River's Bend. We have been here for 12 years and have lived in Phoenixville for 25. We love it. We had Easter brunch at Molly's with our kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or