U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 11:54 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,338,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
The better question may be why don't you move out? I'm quite happy where I live thank you.

I never insinuated that Philadelphia was this utopia of all things right with the world.My point was that the citys reputation was far worse than reality.Thats all I was trying to present. If you don't like Manayunk, Move. If you are unhappy in your neighborhood, Move. Its unfortunate that you dislike Manayunk but that doesn't translate into the entire city of Philadelphia being a hellhole.
I would love to move! Unfortunately, the city has picked my pockets clean. Want to front me the money?!

Old 11-27-2006, 01:43 PM

4,101 posts, read 7,869,465 times
Philadelphia is an amazing, contradictory, pschizophrenic city. Some parts are nice and other parts are dreadful. Philadelphia I love You! Philadelphia I hate you!

Old 11-28-2006, 08:15 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,434,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Philadelphia is an amazing, contradictory, pschizophrenic city. Some parts are nice and other parts are dreadful. Philadelphia I love You! Philadelphia I hate you!
There you go - sums this up nicely.

Old 12-24-2006, 09:57 AM

39 posts, read 132,375 times
Exclamation Philadelphia Should Tax Everyone On The Outlays Of The City That Disagree With Me

Uploading Picture of the true Philly In the next week
As for the H*** hole like others called it certainly it most indeed is a ***L hole Look at center city look closely the section visitors congregate are magnificent so you think so well are they? Pictures can embellish the truth. I live in one of the posh or so called posh neighborhood right on the outlays of center city I can walk to Penn’s landing in under five minuets but I don’t and don’t allow my kids because there are them nice people of Philly or are they from Philadelphia at all down there dealing illegal *r*gs and *U*k*** that is in having **x right out in the open. It only getting worst after the new amenities ((Amenities I will call it that I don’t want to be sued)) because must of the people it brings are only looking for what Penn’s landing has to offer you Know all them people that lives just out of the city and thinks it so grand. To all of them this *e** hole could be considered what that amusement park in Florida((Amusement park in Florida again I will call it that I don’t want to be sued)) is to children but this city is for Adult only.

Last edited by PhilaForNow; 12-24-2006 at 10:43 AM..

Old 12-24-2006, 10:09 AM

4,910 posts, read 12,771,485 times
I need a couple of extra strength excedrin after that post.

Old 12-24-2006, 03:38 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,393,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaForNow View Post
Uploading Picture of the true Philly In the next week
As for the H*** hole like others called it certainly it most indeed is a ***L hole Look at center city look closely the section visitors congregate are magnificent so you think so well are they? Pictures can embellish the truth. I live in one of the posh or so called posh neighborhood right on the outlays of center city I can walk to Penn’s landing in under five minuets but I don’t and don’t allow my kids because there are them nice people of Philly or are they from Philadelphia at all down there dealing illegal *r*gs and *U*k*** that is in having **x right out in the open. It only getting worst after the new amenities ((Amenities I will call it that I don’t want to be sued)) because must of the people it brings are only looking for what Penn’s landing has to offer you Know all them people that lives just out of the city and thinks it so grand. To all of them this *e** hole could be considered what that amusement park in Florida((Amusement park in Florida again I will call it that I don’t want to be sued)) is to children but this city is for Adult only.
If you need any pictures from my neighborhood let me know.I have plenty of when my car got illegally towed by an overzealous neighbor who I seemed to be parked too close to and I had to shell out $200 of money I was gonna use for the holiday,or the pictures of my 'quaint and charming little alley of a street I have to live on that routinely accumulates a new graffiti drawing at least once a week making it look that much more attractive to be around.
I also used to work in center city,and even in the 'business district' of Chestnut street I would see regularly the crackheads,whinos,and beggars who just loove that place as much as the business folk who would step over them.
I must say though that one of the few places I've rarely had a bad experience at was the Penns Landing and South Street areas. Those areas seem to attract alot of tourists and possibly the locals who are wealthy enough to afford to live in that area of doctors and lawyers,they generally seem to be more civilized at least. And also the seemingly higher concentration of Phillys finest patrolling that area seem to make it a little better.
But I agree in general that pictures do not tell the whole story of an area. I've watched many a travel show that featured Philadelphia and never did they bother to cover west philly or south philly,maybe as far as the italian market that's it. The media had made even El Salvador look attractive to tourists.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:11 AM
AKF

178 posts, read 650,966 times
Default Your are CRAZEEE!

I would give ANYTHING to live in Philly!
I am from MD and moved to Indiana 8 months ago! Absolutely hate it here! I have always loved Philly. Let me know if you want to trade, seriously!

Old 12-29-2006, 07:42 AM

Ok...you asked for it,you got it

Old 12-29-2006, 02:13 PM

1,943 posts, read 7,906,526 times
I too lived in Philly, lived there for 32 years. been to all parts of Philly whether to live, work, go to school, or visit friends. Lived in NE Philly, went to school in NE, North and South Philly, worked in NWPhilly, had a friend who lived in the city part. Well, I've been out for 2 years now. those were beautiful pictures that you posted, but that only shows a LITTLE of what Philly is. If I had more time on my hands, I could pull up some of hte photos I have on my computer of more of what Philly is like, but I honestly have hundreds and I really don't feel like sorting and trying to place them on here. but let me tell you, if you are a stranger, read the Daily News from Philadelphia and it seemed like every day there was some form of violence or drugs. Of course a lot is centered in the ghetto areas, but that is coming into every neighborhood now. I lived in the NE, and I had punks and thugs smoking pot right out back my door, and down at the park. Found dime bags on the street and on my front lawn. Came across hookers down at my friend's house in the city, and then up in the NE. The smell from the factories almost makes you want to puke if you drive down certain streets, -even the highway. The trash littering all over. And let me tell you, teaching in a public school is hard enough with the behavior of the children, but then the lockdowns that you have to deal with due to a shooting right outside...the bars on the windows that many upon many houses have...the poor school grades that were so poor I placed my 2 children in private school...and yes, I did even have 2 cars stolen from "better" neighborhoods...only a part of Philly is like those pictures.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:32 PM

That's what I've been saying,and I've only been here not 3 years yet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or