Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2015, 11:29 AM

2 posts, read 1,597 times

Advertisements

I am looking for someone to answer this question for me that really knows the Landlord/Tenant laws in Phila.
Long story short: A tenant in my apartment building left cause he couldn't afford the rent. I gave him 3 months notice so i wouldn't have an issue. I know i only had to give him 30 days.
I didn't take a security deposit from him cause i was doing a friend a favor which i will never do again.
The ex tenant lived in my building for 2 years. On the last day which was in June of this year he left without giving me his rent. I confronted him and he said he paid me.
I took him to landlord tenant court and won the decision. He had 10 days to pay and nothing. So i filled to attach his wages. I know where he works and where his human resource building is.
I receive the letter that was sent to his employer to start the process. I didn't hear anything about it further so i called Landlord tenant court. A clerk there told me it takes 30 days to prove he works at the place he does. Here is my question. I know that in the city of Phila. the laws are slanted for the tenants.
But how can it be that every time i pursue this further the tenant always has 30 days to respond or to prove something. I have been going through this since June. So far i had to pay a $90.00 court cost, about $60.00 to park in the city when i go up and back to landlord tenant court, $40.00 to file the judgment to attach his wages.
Can someone tell me if all this waiting sounds correct? I just called the court and they told me to call back at the end of this month which will be 30 days. Why would the tenant and the court need 30 days to prove if this guy works where i said he did when they sent his boss the judgement letter? It seems like every move i make i have to pay to have something executed and yet i haven't received one cent yet. If this is the case whats the sense in going to court and go through all this BS?

If anyone has any suggestions or if i need to do something more let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited by irocdrummer; 10-26-2015 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: misspelled word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 09:21 PM

18 posts, read 16,222 times
I'm following this post.

This is why I try to find good ppl to live with. Looks like you had a good person but the situation became personal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: