Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 03:48 PM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times

Advertisements

Zuckerberg Visits Philly, Orders Cheesesteak Like a Local - Bloomberg

Zuckerberg is on Team Pat's. He ate at an Iron Hill Brewery in Wilimington today also, so he must be here on business.

I take Pat's over Geno's too.

The interview NBC10 has with the one worker is hilarious btw. They didn't actually think it was him at first lol. "What's he doin' around these parts?"

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Likes Pat's Steaks - NBC 10 Philadelphia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 07:29 PM

14,179 posts, read 9,068,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post

Zuckerberg is on Team Pat's. He ate at an Iron Hill Brewery in Wilimington today also, so he must be here on business.

The interview NBC10 has with the one worker is hilarious btw. They didn't actually think it was him at first lol. "What's he doin' around these parts?"

He was in town on business.

Several holders of large blocks of Facebook stock, among them SEPTA, sued Zuckerberg to prevent him from making most Facebook stock non-voting and thus reducing its value. The suit was filed in a Delaware court, which I assume is where Facebook is incorporated.

SEPTA presumably holds the stock for its employee pension fund.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:33 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,759,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post

It was a photo op. He doesn't know anything about steaks/cheesesteaks. And, yes, it was for business.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:39 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,759,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
IMO Pat's is resting on its laurels. But this is a good list and a good start. You are commended (not "commanded") to hie yourself to 62d and Callowhill, or 4th and South, to try Jim's.

However, I still encourage you to broaden your Philly sandwich horizons.
The only person, well maybe you, on this board who has been or will ever go to Jim's at 62nd and Callowhill is me. My sister lives near it.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:02 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
The only person, well maybe you, on this board who has been or will ever go to Jim's at 62nd and Callowhill is me. My sister lives near it.
Unless they are on Ubereats or Grub hub i will probably never haveba Jim's steak from 62nd and Callowhill because i have no reason to be in that area.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
It was a photo op. He doesn't know anything about steaks/cheesesteaks. And, yes, it was for business.
Didn't read like a "photo op" to me. He did actually order some.

And he knew not to ask for Swiss.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Unless they are on Ubereats or Grub hub i will probably never haveba Jim's steak from 62nd and Callowhill because i have no reason to be in that area.
I have been to the 62d and Callowhill original location.

Yes, I understand, but it's a little closer to where you are now than 4th and South is. I believe in getting to know the entire city and would encourage others to do same.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:

Yes, I understand, but it's a little closer to where you are now than 4th and South is. I believe in getting to know the entire city and would encourage others to do same.
That area is not near anything major the el or trolley so it would be no reason for me to be there since i dont drive. Is 62nd and callowhill near any major septa routes?

Old 09-26-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:

Just checked and 62nd and callowhill is not near any major septa routes.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:44 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Just checked and 62nd and callowhill is not near any major septa routes.
I think it's safe to assume the location of Jim's Steaks in the heart of West Philly isn't going to draw as much tourists as the South Street location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia