U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 12:01 AM

6,210 posts, read 3,048,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Just checked and 62nd and callowhill is not near any major septa routes.
I'd say the Route 15 trolley, which passes one block to its north, is a major route.

Bus routes 31 and 46, not so much, but you can catch the 31 somewhere around 30th Street Station.

It's a five-block walk from 63d Street station on the El. 63d borders Cobbs Creek Park up to Arch Street, making the walk fairly pleasant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 05:15 AM

4,439 posts, read 1,687,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
I'd say the Route 15 trolley, which passes one block to its north, is a major route.

Bus routes 31 and 46, not so much, but you can catch the 31 somewhere around 30th Street Station.

It's a five-block walk from 63d Street station on the El. 63d borders Cobbs Creek Park up to Arch Street, making the walk fairly pleasant.
That looks like a cheese steak place for people who live in that neighborhood. Max's cheese steak is geared to lots of people because its it right next to the broad street subway. I dont go deep into neighborhoods i am not a part of especiallly in this city. If it was on 62nd and Girard where i was able to hop right back on the 15 then i would probably sample the steak.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:35 AM

10,265 posts, read 5,934,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
That looks like a cheese steak place for people who live in that neighborhood. Max's cheese steak is geared to lots of people because its it right next to the broad street subway. I dont go deep into neighborhoods i am not a part of especiallly in this city. If it was on 62nd and Girard where i was able to hop right back on the 15 then i would probably sample the steak.
Many of these places are exactly that: places geared toward neighborhood customers where it's quite possible to get a better sandwich than the tourist traps.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:43 AM

Quote:
I have been to the 62d and Callowhill original location.

Yes, I understand, but it's a little closer to where you are now than 4th and South is. I believe in getting to know the entire city and would encourage others to do same.
Like I said you or I are the only posters here who would ever go there. Tell me... you didn't feel a second of fear, right? My paternal family has a long history in that nearish area(Carroll Park and Haddington). My sister lives there. My 99 year old aunt lives there as do a couple of cousins.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:48 AM

There is another Jim's on Baltimore Pike in Delco west of Clifton Heights.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Like I said you or I are the only posters here who would ever go there. Tell me... you didn't feel a second of fear, right? My paternal family has a long history in that nearish area(Carroll Park and Haddington). My sister lives there. My 99 year old aunt lives there as do a couple of cousins.
I can see someone going there who has friends or family in that area or drives a car. Someone who doesnt drive or doesnt know anyone in that area should not be going to that Jim steaks.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:52 AM

11,942 posts, read 10,818,746 times
I haven't had one in years, but Larry's near SJU also is/was a great spot too for cheesesteaks.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:59 PM

6,210 posts, read 3,048,381 times
Quote:
Like I said you or I are the only posters here who would ever go there. Tell me... you didn't feel a second of fear, right?
I live on a block that had three murders occur on it over an 18-month period, two of them about a month apart and at the same location.

No, I didn't.

I will admit, however, that I was in a car with a friend when we visited.

But I wouldn't have much of a problem walking there.

I'm of the general opinion that we let fear govern our actions too much, but I'm not going to fault someone for doing so.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I live on a block that had three murders occur on it over an 18-month period, two of them about a month apart and at the same location.

No, I didn't.

I will admit, however, that I was in a car with a friend when we visited.

But I wouldn't have much of a problem walking there.

I'm of the general opinion that we let fear govern our actions too much, but I'm not going to fault someone for doing so.
Let's put it this way: I don't recall a single major crime posted by 2002 Subaru from that area.

Old 09-30-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Let's put it this way: I don't recall a single major crime posted by 2002 Subaru from that area.

Every Cheese steak place on my Top 5 list is around major areas so that's why I could never see myself going to Jim's on 62nd street. The Jim's on 4th and South would make more sense for me to visit.

1. Max's-(Broad and Erie next to Subway or 23 Bus)

2. Jimmy G's-(Broad and Fairmount next to subway or 4 or 16 Bus)

3. Steve's Prince of Steaks-(16th and Chestnut next to Subway)

4. Larry's Steaks-(54th and City Ave-next to St. Joes-52 or 44 Bus)

5. Pat's Steaks-(Across from Geno's-64 Bus)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or