U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 01:46 PM

4,995 posts, read 3,041,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameunavailable View Post
Every hockey fan I know now hates the Flyers and the city of Philadelphia even more after that lack of class shown by the fans. What a disgraceful showing. Sickening.
You make it sound like someone died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 05:29 PM

743 posts, read 637,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsport View Post
Yeah, that was terrible. Idiots from the NE. Luckily it was just hockey and not a sport more widely followed (i.e. football, baseball or basketball).
Try again. The glut of those people are from South Philly, the suburbs and South Jersey.

And, no, I'm not from the NE.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:31 PM

743 posts, read 637,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
You make it sound like someone died.
I know, really. Sports fans got carried away ... it happens globally dozens of times a year.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:00 PM

8,520 posts, read 10,852,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
That's exactly what those fools miss EVERY SINGLE TIME. It reflects on the entire region, makes us look extremely bad and because it's on the Internet it will stay there forever.
Who cares what sports fans outside the Philly area thinks about us. They're always going to hate us! Nothing new.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:13 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,336,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Who cares what sports fans outside the Philly area thinks about us. They're always going to hate us! Nothing new.
Exactly! I was proud that my hometown fans spoke up when their team obviously quit. I can't believe these pundits getting worked up over some wrist bands.

Maybe the Flyers needed this kick in the behind - play like crap, this is the reception you'll get in philly.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:12 PM

3,521 posts, read 3,160,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroberos View Post
Incorrect. The wristbands had nothing to do with Ed Snider or the tribute to him at the game. They were provided by the NHL and used for the pre-game lightshow. They were basically a strap, a battery, an LED and a microchip, set to respond to a radio signal at predetermined intervals. After the light show, they were literally garbage. That's why fans felt fine throwing them away.
But there WAS a tribute to him at that game. Regardless of the wristbands' original use as being for a light show or their worth after, the context and spirit of that game was all about Ed Snider. Again, to throw those on the ice on that night makes it extra classless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or