U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2016, 02:54 PM

2 posts, read 648 times

Advertisements

Hey there from Boston - I'm moving out west and am making a stop in Philly for a couple nights.
I'm 27 years, single and will be staying in the greater downtown area.

I did some research into a couple spots that are doing open mics I was thinking of checking out.
I'm fairly open to my experience.

Into music - hop hop, jazz and rock.
Would like to find a good local spot that has some good talent - any recommendations?
How about fairly cheap but real 'philly' food eats?
Won't be going any where too fancy.

Would also like to check out some cool architecture and landscape areas during the day.
Any recommendations for a dude to have a good time in a new city would be awesome.
Thanks folks

N
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 04:38 PM

2,955 posts, read 2,379,665 times
I am far from an expert but I heard of this place from my daughter and her friends ( they are just a few years older than you) and they said it is a great place and definitely has the feel for what you are describing. Ray's Birthday Bar. I will let others comment more and offer other suggestions but here's a starter.

Ray's Happy Birthday Bar

Old 04-05-2016, 05:22 PM

8,702 posts, read 12,373,638 times
Could check out Howl at the Moon. Will you be here on the weekend?

What do you like to eat? Definitely check out Reading Terminal Market for lunch.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:02 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,615,027 times
WN WN is a small cafe in Spring Garden that has low-key events on the weekend:
Events

Fergies Pub is in Center City and often has live bands:
Fergie's Pub 1214 Sansom Street Philadelphia - Events

Time is another venue close by:
Time Restaurant, Whiskey Bar & Taproom and Live Music Venue

On a much larger scale, there is also Union Transfer:
Union Transfer » Calendar

Old 04-15-2016, 08:11 AM

2 posts, read 648 times
thanks for the reply - i'll be in town this upcoming monday and tuesday 4/18 and 19
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia